Predictive Text Goofs

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Damasta

Predictive Text Goofs

Post by Damasta »

I thought of another one since I posted this question: when I try to type "snowing" it comes up with "ponying" first. I don't think I've ever used the word "ponying"! So why does that come up first?!!
Anywho, got any others?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I can't remember what I was actually trying to type at the time, but one time I got "Your gay". Not you're gay, but your gay.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Whenever I want to type 'my', it always comes up 'Mw' first. With the capital M, even if it's in the middle of a sentence. Is this a text acronym I know nothing about? I've never used it before, either.

Also, when I want to type 'go' or 'it', it always comes up 'ho'.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I've been long-annoyed that my name (Kristy) comes up as "Lshsty" (or "Lshsten" if I go for Kristen). What is that, even?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

The D in my name always comes up as an F. And sometimes when I type "stone" it says "atone"...
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:The D in my name always comes up as an F. And sometimes when I type "stone" it says "atone"...
it's a sign that you need to stop getting stoned.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

I also hate that it never gives me th as an option if I type 84 after a number (ordinals). And I wish that when I typed 17 after a word it would guess 's instead of .s .
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

This entire thread reminds me of this (sorry about all of you are on campus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

(not to say we are spoiled to be complaining about technology, since I do it too, but just that it is funny and this reminded me of it)

I don't know where I got this though, so maybe I got it from the board and all of you have already seen it.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I don't use the predictive text, I find it bothersome. But I get can get what I want texted out just as quick as the predictive text anyway.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.