Question 51637 - Rappers

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

luxurious

Question 51637 - Rappers

Post by luxurious »

If the questioner likes beatboxing, Doug E. Fresh uses the sickest sample of the Inspector Gadget in his song "The Show." Also, Darren Robinson of The Fat Boys kills.

For slick and hard lyrics, look to LL Cool J; he was a master and will forever be known for "Mama Says Knock You Out" and "Going Back to Cali." Don't discount him because of his success in entertainment in recent years - he was one bad mother.

And even though his first album was released in 1991, Del tha Funkee Homosapien has an amazing song in "Mistadobalina" and continues to make amazing freestyle records.

Rap and hip hop are always evolving, but can always be traced back to these amazing artists.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I seem to remember seeing LL Cool J on Sesame Street once, rapping the ABC's ... I couldn't find it on YouTube, though, although I found a more recent clip of him rapping about how to add with Elmo that was pretty catchy.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

I love Del tha Funkee Homosapien. Deltron 3030 is a fantastic album.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Tao

Post by Tao »

Can I just announce here, publicly, that I am not 100% sure I've yet recovered from the shock of realizing Vanilla Ice was white? (is? was? meh?)
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

LOL. I think that's why he's called "Vanilla" Ice and not "chocolate".