Name tags.

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Name tags.

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I think Rating Pending is right, that it is a sign of desire to continue romantically after the mission. In fact many an Elder in the missions I served in said, jokingly and non-jokingly, that leaving your name tag with a girl meant that you meant to come back after the mission for it and henceforth to see the girl again.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:many an Elder in the missions I served in said, jokingly and non-jokingly, that leaving your name tag with a girl meant that you meant to come back after the mission for it and henceforth to see the girl again.
I gave a nametag to a girl in my mission. :shock:

But, she had a collection of Elders' nametags, I was merely contributing ... honest ... I didn't think of it as a romantic gesture ... really, I didn't ...
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Yarjka wrote: But, she had a collection of Elders' nametags, I was merely contributing ... honest ... I didn't think of it as a romantic gesture ... really, I didn't ...
Don't worry, it might just be missionary customs and stuff where I served and not a global missionary view...
Last edited by Nanti-SARRMM on Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Don't worry, I merely cite experience from having served in probably one of the most disobedient missions is Mexico, and probably one of the top disobedient missions in the Western Hemisphere as well.
um is that really something to brag about?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Whistler wrote: um is that really something to brag about?
... Wasn't trying to brag, merely explain that maybe the disobedience might have had something to do with it and name tag giving might not be a common thing...
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Sometimes you guys make me feel old. We didn't have nametags when I served a mission.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Don't worry, I merely cite experience from having served in probably one of the most disobedient missions is Mexico, and probably one of the top disobedient missions in the Western Hemisphere as well.
What mission in Mexico?
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Wait...disobedience? Is it against the rules to give your name tag to someone? What's with the bitter misquote, or did I miss you actually saying that?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Humble Master wrote:What mission in Mexico?
I speak primarily of the Mexico City West Mission.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Quiet Lamb wrote:Wait...disobedience? Is it against the rules to give your name tag to someone? What's with the bitter misquote, or did I miss you actually saying that?
I don't think it is against the rules per se to give it out, but for the intentions for which it is given it could be indication of some disobedience, or opening of the heart.

As for the quote, I did say it but decided to edit it after Whistler said it sounded like I was bragging about the level of disobedience.