Driving on the sidewalk

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

TheAnswerIs42

Driving on the sidewalk

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I just wanted to chime in that my father-in-law, a cooky old BYU math professor, used to do that consistently when game-day traffic annoyed him. He had a Jeep, and my husband or other young siblings in the car, and just hopped the curb when he got bored. They thought it was awesome.

So, maybe when the game-day traffic keeps all the cops otherwise occupied, you won't get caught at all?

The Board question is here, if you missed it.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

I'll admit that once there was construction on Campus Drive from the Benson to the Tanner Building, I needed to pick up my roommate at the Tanner Building, and I didn't want to drive around the north end of campus. So I drove across campus starting just east of the Widtsoe Building, turning west between the library and the Clark Building and then driving north, again, to exit between the Jesse Knight Building and the Talmage Building. And that put me in a perfect spot to pick up my roommate! But then, in the spirit if caution, I drove around campus to get us back to our apartment complex.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Ha, my father-in-law is the example for everything this week! There is no limit on how long professors can keep books checked out, and once he took them he never actually brought them back, reportedly. When he finally retired they had a large stack to finally bring back.

Those were some LOST books, I tell ya. The story goes that every once in a while, the library would send someone over to try and retrieve things, but I guess they usually went back mostly empty handed.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:Ha, my father-in-law is the example for everything this week! There is no limit on how long professors can keep books checked out, and once he took them he never actually brought them back, reportedly. When he finally retired they had a large stack to finally bring back.

Those were some LOST books, I tell ya. The story goes that every once in a while, the library would send someone over to try and retrieve things, but I guess they usually went back mostly empty handed.
For the record, librarians hate professors like that.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I would think so. That would be so annoying!
The Sentry

Post by The Sentry »

Library security hates that too
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

The Sentry wrote:Library security hates that too
Because of the annoyingly large stack?
The Sentry

Post by The Sentry »

Yeah, it takes forever to check and they unfailingly turn them in during the passing period between classes when the alarms go off every 30 seconds. Additionally, many of the books had never been desensitized, so those books will set the alarms off when people walk through without books. It is a huge pain in the butt.