Limericks

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Limericks

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I really enjoyed The Black Sheep's answer. I loved her limerick, and her brother's limerick sounded like something one of my brothers could have written. : D

Also, I wanted to share one of my favorite limericks and the story behind it. While in high school, I, for a short time, attended a lunch-time writer's group. One day we were discussing limericks. One of the guys in the class told us about a limerick his father had written. Apparently, his father had been telling his coworkers about some hilarious deeds that had been going on at his house, and one of the coworkers said that werf would love to be a fly on the wall of this guy's house. The father of my friend thought for a minute, and then said this:

If you were a fly on my wall
You wouldn't hear nothing at all
'Cause I'd grab a tissue
And then I would squish you
And make you little fly ball.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Ha! I love that one. Reminds me of my dad, somehow. Thanks for sharing. (And thanks. :) )
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I loved all those limericks today! What creative writers and family members of writers!

Coincidentally enough, The Electric Company story is all about limericks today. All of their limericks are clean (since it's a kid show and stuff) but not particularly inspired.

"I'm Manny the limerick poet
I'm good and boy do I know it
Someone thinks I'll make
a great big mistake
but guess what I'm not gonna blow it"

(For those of you curious, Manny did blow it by trying to cheat with a distracting bug, but then he teamed up with his mom (who confiscated the bug) and messed up again.)

Yep. Now my pop and I are trying to come up with a good limerick with the words gregarious, nefarious, and hilarious.

Ackshully, we're watching Fetch. His grandma's in jail.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

There once was a man from Peru
Whose limericks stopped at line two.

Likewise:

There once was a man from Verdun
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I thought that the limerick battle was fun. I don't know how many of you have watched the Avatar cartoon, but it reminded me of one of those episodes, "Tales of Bah Sing Se."
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

There once were some women gregarious
Who thought up a plot quite nefarious
They stole people's plums
To stick on their thumbs
And thought the whole thing quite hilarious!

(Many thanks to Little Jack Horner, who, whenever I tried to think of a rhyming nefarious plot, got his poem stuck in my head. If anyone else is better at thinking up nefarious plots than me, feel free to take the whole thing. I'm far too sweet to think of good things.)
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Sweet C,

While you might not like my poetry lots, I can come up with nefarious plots.

There once were some women gregarious
Who thought up a plot quite nefarious
They married rich men
And poisoned them when
A rich widow was seen as hilarious!