The Secret Meeting

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

well, it depends. The usual places have kind of disappeared with bob in Florida and Fred in the MTC. Anyone have a lounge area? or a largish apartment? Or we could just congregate someplace like a park.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

You could have it at bob's house regardless. And from now on, I decided all my posts shall be orange. But said are-inj, not or-inj.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

You could always have it at my house in Providence. It's only a 2-hour drive when the weather's nice. Hmm.

How about a room on campus?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Actually, you could have it at my house. Random would be hosting. Of course, I wouldn't be able to give rides as I usually do, and my mother would probably make you clean. But then you could play Beatles Rock Band!

No, on second thought, no. You are not allowed to play my family's Beatles Rock Band before I do.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

If you have it somewhere on campus, we might make an appearance.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I keep thinking "Just have it outside!" And then I remember that it's actually cold clear up there in Utah. : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote: No, on second thought, no. You are not allowed to play my family's Beatles Rock Band before I do.
No worries, I just play my roommate's Beatles Rock Band. ;)
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Booth: Friday November 20th, 11-2.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

krebscout wrote:Booth: Friday November 20th, 11-2.
Benissime!
Miss Scarlett

Post by Miss Scarlett »

I'm a little late on this one, but I think I read about 3 cases of Butterfingers???! Where have those gone to?? Also, if you worked for Nestle, did you ever visit the Carnation place in Washington?
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Miss Scarlet wrote:3 cases of Butterfingers???! Where?? ... did you ever visit the Carnation place in Washington?
I still have the 3 cases of Butterfinger (a little over 100 bars) for party times, so whenever said event occurs, so shall their dispensation. Also, if I know about events on campus where there will be plenty of people, they've told me I can ask for more product to pass out, which is encouraging :)

I did a lot of local advertising work for them, being the brand's "ambassador" in Chicago so I didn't really get to their training farm but I've heard that place is epic-- it looks like a Blackwater preparation facility to me :P
"O Heaven, were man
but constant, he were perfect: that one error
fills him with faults; makes him run through all sins
Inconstancy falls off, ere it begins."
Miss Scarlett

Post by Miss Scarlett »

Ah, I see. Well a box of Butterfingers is enough to get me to do about anything! I haven't been to the regional training center, either, but I have driven past it many, many times
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Did the Booth satisfy everyone's hankering to hang out, or is another Reader party still on the agenda?

(Sorry, asking this about a week later than I planned...)

If you still want to hang out again (I understand there was definitely a dearth of Butterfingers) it may be wise to get the details ironed out as soon as possible.

For what it's worth, the illustrious I will be at BYU tomorrow, but I will probably only chill with you if you're religion faculty.

How about next Saturday, during the day? (Just throwing that out there. Is it, like, a reading day or something? And does it make a difference if it is?)

/duty
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Yeaaahhh, the Butterfingers somewhat slipped my mind. I'd be down for next Saturday during the day.
"O Heaven, were man
but constant, he were perfect: that one error
fills him with faults; makes him run through all sins
Inconstancy falls off, ere it begins."
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Lotsa things happening that day. Have fun!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Weekends are generally bad for me. If it were up to me, it would be some day Monday-Thursday sometime between 2 and 5. Other options are Tuesday evenings, or possibly Saturday evenings, but again, Saturday would be a last resort. But, let me know and I"ll try to plan around it.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'm good for whenever, usually.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Let's say we do have it on Saturday. Morning or afternoon...

Anyone have a place where a secret meeting can occur?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

We could all gather tonight around 10, assuming the snow keeps falling like it is, and resurrect the Naked Indian Snowman.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:We could all gather tonight around 10, assuming the snow keeps falling like it is, and resurrect the Naked Indian Snowman.
I hear someone resurrected said snowman. I don't know if it was Board-folk, though. And maybe it didn't happen, but somehow the statue is modest (according to my sister's Facebook status, since that site is how I get almost all BYU news -- did you know my chemistry professor went caroling today? But I digress...).

At any rate, I don't know if this will work for anyone, but I will plan on being in the Wilkie (or another building on campus as majority dictates) on Saturday (time dependent on weather on Friday, but likely earlier in the day) in a Crimson Cap and otherwise exuding Christmas Cheer in red and green bearing Candy Canes and possibly Cherry Cordial Ckisses with Chedsy my Computer* probably Creating the Canadian Course.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

If you all decide that you're not into Board get-togethers without being able to have them at bob's house, my plans won't change and I won't feel rejected.

Oh, and I don't know if you've noticed this, but I'm really boring. So if you come, be prepared to provide entertainment. I don't even know any games.

/kinda self-centered post, after reading it over. Hope you are all doing well!

*Okay, so I don't really like to travel with Chedsy, as it's my special CES laptop and I'd hate to break it, so I'll actually probably have Silvey, my other laptop. This is a really important distinction to make for those that would rather hang out with Silvey (as an old friend or something) than new-fangled and slightly prissy Chedsy. Fascinating. *rolls eyes*