Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Dragon Lady wrote:Whoa. Wait. Did you just call Humble Master, well, humble?

I was about to ask if you've ever met the man when I realized that no, you probably haven't. But let me assure you… he's not. :)
Ha. Definitely have never met ANYONE who posts in this forum in real life. Although I do know someone that occasionally asks questions to the board.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

meh

Post by thebigcheese »

Personally, I thought it was weird from day one. But then again, I really didn't care for Board Identity either...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Gimgimno wrote:
Marduk wrote:I don't really care for any of it either. Gim, do what you will with my 'nym.
I'm just referencing the hatred this morning. It's not like we've avoided foreshadowing the future. Ya'll just had to whip out your juicers and start sipping haterade since the moment you woke up.

And Marduk is for Marzipan. So you don't really care for...yourself. Either. Ha. ha.
You are cool.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:Meh. Even after seeing the blog, I'll stand by my original vote. I love you guys, but I am not a fan of inside joke drama junk. It might be funny if I knew them, but . . . maybe I'm just too old? I read the Board for the answers, not the oddly written stuff. But that's just me.
Yes. You are old.

I am loving the Borg. They give the answers while providing me entertainment!

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Tao wrote:Bahaha. I think it's well done.
Amen!

xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

mic0 wrote:There is a Star Trek movie called "First Contact." Watch it, it is available at the Provo library and on the internets. You will no longer be out of the loop.

Just sayin'.

{Am I allowed to say I'm not a fan of this? Probably not. I support everything the Board does as a collective! :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Giovanni Schwartz

Question of the day: Who is Formicus of Borg? Is that HM? Or is it the Detective? Something on the blog seemed to say The Detective had been assimilated.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I was thinking Formicus = Foreman.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I was about to write what NerdGirl just said.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Answer: This Board Writer famously had a dating application with a picture of Tom Cruise, but has since begun dating a ladyfriend he names Stargirl. He's the middle of a trio of brothers that write for the Board. Famous for his blue eyes and hands-on experiments. After being assimilated by the Borg, he took on this name.

At least, that's how I would answer this.

My question of the day is How did Rating Pending answer as himself after answering as Borg R.P.? I am, of course, very glad he did. Maybe there's hope!

Edit: Shoot. Everyone's faster than me. I spent too long being creative.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Yep. Sorry, love. But also entertaining!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

That's okay, C. Your answer was the best one. Hahahahaha.... But

Eight of 20, Primary Detector of Unimatrix 100= This one was hard, but definitely 100 typing monkeys.
Hobbes and Marzipan of Borg= Hobbes and Marizpan, obviously.
Second of Five, Gimgimnus of Borg= Gimgimno
Claudius of Borg= Claudio
Formicus of Borg= Foreman (by common consent)
Borg R.P.= Rating Pending
Grey Sheep of Borg= The Black Sheep (I like this name, btw.)
Cognoscente of Borg= Cognoscente
CK of Borg= Commander Keen

Yeah. That's what's up. I'm awesome.
Giovanni Schwartz

Also, those left:

Anomalous
Humble Master
Laser Jock
Mico
Loki (Okay, so Loki doesn't really count. But I hope that Loki is borgified. That would be awesome.)
Saint Sebastienne
Sky Bones
and Sauron
Yellow

That means half the board is gone already. Approximately. Actually, writer-wise, it's almost exact.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Man, I LOVE Loki.
Giovanni Schwartz

I KNO. Can you imagine him borgified? Oh my hilarity that would ensue. And can you imagine the power that the Collective would have if it assimilated a GOD?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

You forgot FN Agnostic!
Giovanni Schwartz

He (sorry if you're a she, I don't remember. Too tired. Also too tired to fix comma splice) doesn't have a seperate entry on the writer bio thing.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

C is for wrote:My question of the day is How did Rating Pending answer as himself after answering as Borg R.P.? I am, of course, very glad he did. Maybe there's hope!
Actually, that's probably just a result of things not getting approved in time. It's not always easy to figure out what day a question will post, and if a question gets delayed by a day for some reason, the answer may not match up.

So, in other words, the network traffic caused by all the Borg assimilation causes the internet's tubes to get clogged, and messages come through later than expected.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I noticed yesterday when I logged in to the Board that the registered reader panel was gray. Sure enough, everything else is starting to turn gray as well. Ah, the Borg's favorite color.

Quite a few more assimilated writers today. Pseudoname, Mico, Saint Sebastienne, Queen Alice...

We'll know the world's in trouble when Sky Bones gets assimilated.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:That's okay, C. Your answer was the best one. Hahahahaha.... But

Eight of 20, Primary Detector of Unimatrix 100= This one was hard, but definitely 100 typing monkeys.
Hobbes and Marzipan of Borg= Hobbes and Marizpan, obviously.
Second of Five, Gimgimnus of Borg= Gimgimno
Claudius of Borg= Claudio
Formicus of Borg= Foreman (by common consent)
Borg R.P.= Rating Pending
Grey Sheep of Borg= The Black Sheep (I like this name, btw.)
Cognoscente of Borg= Cognoscente
CK of Borg= Commander Keen

Yeah. That's what's up. I'm awesome.
Don't you think Primary Detector is The Detective? And Unimatrix 100 just means the 100 Hour Board?