Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

That would be awesome.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

C is for wrote:Maybe Locutus of Board and Hue of Board…
Actually, that was a typo on the blog; it's "Hugh" of Board, not "Hue". At least, that's how the alias is registered.

In other words, it's not me, despite the phonetic similarity to my Borg 'nym.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Gimgimno wrote:If someone named their daughter Abed-nego and I married her, that's what we would name our child.
Oh sweet merciful heaven. May you forever be barred from seeking a spouse in Utah.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Gimgimno wrote:If someone named their daughter Abed-nego and I married her, that's what we would name our child.
I've always wanted to name a child Abednego. I think it sounds like a fun color.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Marzipan wrote:And I'm glad ya'll stuck with it anyway, and as far as I can gather, no one swore an oath to stop reading the Board forever and ever or burn effigies of the writers or do anything outlandish in general.
Did you know I once made an effigy of Yellow? And killed it several times over and over? All because of Claudio. And with the help of Heartless Siren.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Dragon Lady wrote:
Marzipan wrote:And I'm glad ya'll stuck with it anyway, and as far as I can gather, no one swore an oath to stop reading the Board forever and ever or burn effigies of the writers or do anything outlandish in general.
Did you know I once made an effigy of Yellow? And killed it several times over and over? All because of Claudio. And with the help of Heartless Siren.
\

That... sounds remarkably awesome. I assume you took pictures? Please share.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:
\

That... sounds remarkably awesome. I assume you took pictures? Please share.
http://dragonladyofjapan.blogspot.com/2 ... venge.html
Thank you for making me look this up. I had forgotten all about Slaying for Honor. Now Claudio and I are discussing the pros and cons of virtual vs. Skyped slayings.
Giovanni Schwartz

And once again, I reiterate that I love your writing. And think you are awesome. And hilarious.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Dragon Baby is super cute, too. Just throwing that out there. ~DL can write well, burn effigies well, and give birth to cute babies! P:
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Awww. I never expected a thread about the Borg to give me warm fuzzies.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

They must have just assimilated a teddy bear planet somewhere in the Delta Quadrant. D'awwww...
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Cognoscente wrote:They must have just assimilated a teddy bear planet somewhere in the Delta Quadrant. D'awwww...
Perhaps this one? http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF162-Executive_Decision.jpg
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

DL can...give birth to cute babies! P:
That is the most...unique compliment I've seen/heard today. Or in a while.
<insert smarmy quote here>
wired

Post by wired »

Sorry it's taken so long, but I wanted to offer my apologies to Hobbes and Marzipan. It seems like they were just working to make a big picture happen. While I am still not a huge fan of the inside-banter that went on between the two of them for so long, they continue to give great answers and they were definitely being team players for the Borg.

As for the whole borg thing, I think it's great the board tries to keep things fresh. I wasn't a huge fan of this particular execution, but just the fact they try to get readership involved is definitely commendable.
Giovanni Schwartz

wired wrote:Sorry it's taken so long, but I wanted to offer my apologies to Hobbes and Marzipan. It seems like they were just working to make a big picture happen. While I am still not a huge fan of the inside-banter that went on between the two of them for so long, they continue to give great answers and they were definitely being team players for the Borg.

As for the whole borg thing, I think it's great the board tries to keep things fresh. I wasn't a huge fan of this particular execution, but just the fact they try to get readership involved is definitely commendable.
I agree with each and every one of these sentiments.
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

wired wrote:Sorry it's taken so long, but I wanted to offer my apologies to Hobbes and Marzipan. It seems like they were just working to make a big picture happen. While I am still not a huge fan of the inside-banter that went on between the two of them for so long, they continue to give great answers and they were definitely being team players for the Borg.
Hey, no worries. :) I understand how frustrating that must've been for some of the readers. Hobbes and I have a lot of fun writing up answers and it shows; if that comes off as inside-jokey sometimes I apologize for that. It's bound to happen every now and then, I suppose.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

There's nothing wrong with an inside joke that someone gets. The problem is when people feel like the humor is excluding them. The true talent therefore lies in creating a joke that has the appearance of being exclusive, but in reality has ubiquitous appeal.
Deus ab veritas
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Gimgimno wrote:I read it the way that the pronunciation guide in the back of the Book of Mormon says. Because, you know, I sort of trust that book.
Who does that anyway???

I... haven't shortened your 'nym in my head, believe it or not. I think you might be the only one who I haven't, though.
I haven't shortened his name, I like it as is
Giovanni Schwartz

Borg Humor

Also, what happened to those other guys--Locutus and Hugh? Or were they vaporware?
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

Post by C is for »

Oh, for crying out loud.

We never said anything about pitchforks and torches. I'd be very surprised if any of the forum members here were the ones that wrote in complaining. We have more respect for the Board than that.

Thanks for the link, though. Always nice to get the forum name out there except for the part about how it's the wrong address now.