Mayon-egg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Damasta

Mayon-egg

Post by Damasta »

Saint Sebastienne wrote:...But this is also the kid who had mayonnaise sandwiches almost every single lunch for 10 years. A mayonnaise sandwich being just bread and mayonnaise.
I think I just threw up in my mouth...

On a related note, one of my mission companions, who was from Puebla (the only state in Mexico where they really celebrate el Cinco de Mayo), told me that in Puebla they stuff cockroaches with mayonnaise and eat them. He may have been pulling my leg. But if not...hurk!
I am Ellipsissy...
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

My brother used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches like that. Or mayonnaise and cheese sandwiches.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

As a child I would eat mayonnaise sandwiches. I still enjoy them on occasion, although wearing mayonnaise in your hair for six hours does kind of kill your appetite for it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Heh. I thought that was a great question.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My brother used to eat mustard sandwiches.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

I am generally opposed to all condiments. Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relishes, etc. Actually, those are really the only condiments I'm opposed to.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Mayo and cheese is where it's at! Mayo only is just weird...
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Hey Gio, I'm opposed to condiments too! We can be friends.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Condiments are an indication of God's love for us.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

: P
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Marduk wrote:Condiments are an indication of God's love for us.
ESPECIALLY BEAR MAYONNAISE.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

thebigcheese wrote:Mayo and cheese is where it's at!
Thank you! Foreman was weirded out when i told him i put mayonnaise on my grilled cheese sandwiches (and man, do i make a good grilled cheese sandwich [this isn't bragging; it's the only dish i can say that about]). I never thought it was a strange idea til he filled me with doubt! Is anyone else for/against this idea?
Giovanni Schwartz

I'm not generally a mayonnaise guy (it only took me three tries to spell mayonnaise right!) so I suppose I'm mostly against it. Although I see how it _might_ be decent.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I usually do my cheese sandwiches with miracle whip. As a matter of fact, I almost exclusively use miracle whip over mayo in sandwiches. I generally only use mayo in dressings, and then it is usually homemade, anyways.
Deus ab veritas
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

stargirl wrote: Thank you! Foreman was weirded out when i told him i put mayonnaise on my grilled cheese sandwiches (and man, do i make a good grilled cheese sandwich [this isn't bragging; it's the only dish i can say that about]). I never thought it was a strange idea til he filled me with doubt! Is anyone else for/against this idea?
Do you put the mayonnaise on top of the sandwich after you grill it, or inside the sandwich before you grill it?
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Marduk wrote:I usually do my cheese sandwiches with miracle whip. As a matter of fact, I almost exclusively use miracle whip over mayo in sandwiches. I generally only use mayo in dressings, and then it is usually homemade, anyways.
This is basically how I feel. I like the tang of MW, but I'll tolerate mayo on sandwiches and use it freely in recipes.
NerdGirl wrote:
stargirl wrote: Thank you! Foreman was weirded out when i told him i put mayonnaise on my grilled cheese sandwiches (and man, do i make a good grilled cheese sandwich [this isn't bragging; it's the only dish i can say that about]). I never thought it was a strange idea til he filled me with doubt! Is anyone else for/against this idea?
Do you put the mayonnaise on top of the sandwich after you grill it, or inside the sandwich before you grill it?
Oh my goodness, I hope it is on the inside. otherwise that's gross.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i hate mayo. it's disgusting.
beautiful, dirty, rich
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

NerdGirl wrote: Do you put the mayonnaise on top of the sandwich after you grill it, or inside the sandwich before you grill it?
I put it on the inside, with the cheese. Butter on the outside for grilling.

Also, i can't stand Miracle Whip. Bleghglghlrp.

Also also, i grew up putting mayonnaise on my [steamed] broccoli. I'm pretty sure that's weird, neh? I think it came from my dad's side of the family–– those crazy Brits!
Giovanni Schwartz

Yes. That's VERY weird.

I prefer butter, salt, and pepper on my broccoli.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I used to eat boiled or steamed artichoke leaves with mayo.