An open invitation to anyone who writes fiction

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Damasta

An open invitation to anyone who writes fiction

Post by Damasta »

I have a friend who has an account at a website called Writers on the Loose. (Aside: most of the posts on this site are of a political nature, from all sides of the spectrum, so enter at your own risk, Marduk and Vorpal Blade.) My friend is currently accepting submissions for a short story contest and gave me permission to invite anyone here who is interested to participate. You can see the actual contest announcement here. So if you have a short story (< 20,000 words) that you wouldn't mind sharing, please contribute! And even if you don't want to contribute, you may come read the entries during the contest (June 1st through June 6th) and place your vote. And if you feel so inclined, you can even try to guess which story is mine. Feel free to ask me any questions about policy, concerns you may have, &c.
I am Ellipsissy...
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Just a reminder to any who are interested in participating in this writing contest, you have one week left to submit your entries. Best of luck to any and all who do.
I am Ellipsissy...
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Fabulous prizes?
Damasta

Re: An open invitation to anyone who writes fiction

Post by Damasta »

Sorry, no prizes. This is just all in good fun. You retain copyright of your work and, if you desire, the moderator will remove your story from the website at the end of the contest. Which reminds me, today is the last day for submitting stories. So if you're planning on participating, hurry and get those emailed!
I am Ellipsissy...
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Well, the time to submit entries is officially closed. But you can still head over and read the stories (here). In fact, I adjure you to. You may post comments, praise, suggestions, &c., but please try to keep it constructive (feel free to use the same 'nym that you use here, if you like). We love to get useful feedback. And it looks like there are some good entries this time around. On Wednesday voting will start. Voting is open—you do not need to have submitted a story in order to vote. Thanks to anyone who contributed!

P.S. The author's names will be revealed at the end of the contest. If anyone did contribute and they don't want their name revealed, just email Jonathan and recommend a pseudonym to him. He'll be more than happy to keep your identity (assuming he even has it) secret.
I am Ellipsissy...
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Cool, I need something to read. If I wasn't trying to write a thesis I may have actually entered something in the contest!
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Okay. The reading period is now over and voting has officially begun. (Just as a reminder, you can read the stories and vote on them here). Even if you didn't contribute anything, you may vote. In fact, please, please, please do. We love to have community participation and feedback.

Is it just me or does this emoticon :geek: look like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew?
I am Ellipsissy...