Mayon-egg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Mayonnaise is so, so gross. Whenever I look at it quivering in its horrible jar, I can't help imagining that it's probably what a big jar of subcutaneous fat would look like. Yuck yuck yuck.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Darth Fedora wrote:Whenever I look at it quivering in its horrible jar, I can't help imagining that it's probably what a big jar of subcutaneous fat would look like.
That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've heard all week. Thank you for that powerful imagery.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

That's what Darth Fedora does for us.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Kinda makes me want a sandwich...
Giovanni Schwartz

Make sure you spread it with lots of subcutaneous fat!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

And how!
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

The only things I ever use mayonnaise for:
Tuna Sandwiches
Artichokes
Asparagus

These three things, however, simply cannot be enjoyed without mayonnaise. As a result, I always have a jar of mayonnaise on hand.

Asparagus with mayonnaise is something I just discovered last year - it has enriched my life beyond measure. I thought it sounded weird before I tried it. It turns out it's not weird - it's actually the only way to consume asparagus and still want more afterwards.

My mom puts mayonnaise and ketchup on her scrambled eggs - now that's pretty weird.
Giovanni Schwartz

I do use mayo in my tuna salad. It's okay mixed with other stuff completely. Just not alone/spread anywhere. Ketchup is never ok. Mustard is okay in honey mustard salad dressing and used in recipes lightly as a flavor. Potato salad is not okay.
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

Mayonnaise is good if used very sparingly, but most often I do without on my sandwiches. Mustard, however, is divine...

And I'd like to say that Miracle Whip is disgusting. Flat-out wrong. The only thing it's good for is so that Kanye West can make clever raps about Mercedes-Benz...
<insert smarmy quote here>
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Mayo w/ fresh thick cut french fries is awesome. At least, most of Europe thinks so.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Giovanni Schwartz

They put a mayonnaisey thing on gyros in Chicago. It was okay, but not my favorite. Especially the mayo.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:They put a mayonnaisey thing on gyros in Chicago. It was okay, but not my favorite. Especially the mayo.
For your sake, I hope it was tzatziki and not mayonnaise.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

That's a yogurty thing, isn't it?
Giovanni Schwartz

Darth Fedora wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:They put a mayonnaisey thing on gyros in Chicago. It was okay, but not my favorite. Especially the mayo.
For your sake, I hope it was tzatziki and not mayonnaise.
It was a very mayo-y tzatziki.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

So I think this is still on-topic since whoever asked the question essentially ripped it off of Giovanni Schwartz' question, but I've actually had a century egg, too, and they weren't that bad (though I was told they were "horse p*** eggs"). The egg white is pretty tasteless and looks like a sort of brown Jell-O. And the yoke is gray and has a hint of ammonia. I don't think I'd go out of my way to eat another, but unless you're pregnant or have a sensitive gag reflex I'd say you can try one and be just fine. You probably won't love it, though; I didn't.
I am Ellipsissy...