Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dead Cat
Completed

Re: Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Post by Dead Cat »

Accio works. There's a slight delay, but it works.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dead Cat wrote:Accio works. There's a slight delay, but it works.
It works for me slightly less than half the time. It kind of depends on if there are other people around.

Ah man. I can't believe how tired I am! This is the third week in a row I've had a 7 am meeting -- it should be the last! But I don't sleep the night before, and especially not last night. I've got 9 mosquito bites on my legs (plus one each on my arms) and it was hot, and I really hate the guest bed.

But then when I did fall asleep, I dreamed about Russian spies. So it's okay.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I dreamed about the guy I don't like to hang out with in my ward and my best friend from high school having an argument about whether or not I'm a good Mormon. It was strange.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I dreamed that I was at some kind of BYU sporting event (though I might have been participating, that wasn't really clear) and the football stadium was built into the side of a hill so you could just sit on the ground higher up than the seats. But the hill was more of a vertical, scary cliff that people were trying to sit on to see the game directly below them and a mile away, and I was a bit freaked out by the heights.

Odd that even in my dreams I am afraid of heights.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

It's my un-birthday today. I'm celebrating by watching a bunch of those movies that have come out in one day.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

i dreamed that i was in jail, convicted of murder. but i was innocent. and i was proving it. but i woke up before i was able to prove it.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I have a computer now, as opposed to renting it.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Anybody else think the University Avenue parade campers are crazy? I don't understand it...where's the draw...

Back home, my neighborhood parade always featured a women's kazoo band with all the middle-aged women from the neighborhood. It was hilarious! I'd take that over Provo's parade any day.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I'm just hoping that I can find a spot that my younger siblings can see the parade from. after they get here in less than 6 hours.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Uhh...good luck with that...
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

We ended up not going to the parade. We were all still asleep. Except for my brother, who was picked up hours ago.

We like going to the parade for the pipers. And for eating doughnuts and bacon. Mmm. Doughnuts and bacon.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

We went, ended up finding an amazing seat a block from my apartment. Then they got bored and we are now at my place watching Mulan.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Last year we lived on Center Street and just had to step out our front door to see the parade. Our son liked it. This town doesn't do anything for the fourth. Lame.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I took a redeye flight last night, and it left Portland right after dark, so during takeoff, I got to see an aerial view of fireworks across the whole city. So cool!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Oh man, that sounds awesome!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Darth Fedora wrote:I took a redeye flight last night, and it left Portland right after dark, so during takeoff, I got to see an aerial view of fireworks across the whole city. So cool!
I was just wondering what fireworks look like from above! Which is better, above or below?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I think that fireworks and lightning look more awesome from above. Although I haven't figured out why the fire works were being set off, because the three trips I took were to Canada in May from LAX, Texas in June from LAX, and Salt Lake in October from my hometown.
Tao

Post by Tao »

I was recently asked if I'd read A Series of Unfortunate Events, and figured if it keeps coming up as it has it may warrant looking into. Any Boardboard frequenters familiar with the books and willing to give recommendations for/against?
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I read A Series of Unfortunate Events 6 or 7 years ago. I thought they were amusing and somewhat clever, but not the best thing I've ever read. From what I remember, my favorite parts were often the parenthetical comments more than the storyline itself. However, it has been a while, so if someone else has a more recent opinion, they should share it.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Storyline was okay, but then don't listen to me on that because I don't handle unhappy things well. I did really like the style of writing.