Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Indefinite Integral

Re: Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Tao wrote:Sooo, Indefinite Integral, how you doin?
I regret to inform you that I am currently taken. As such I have suspended all NCC actions for the moment. However, if that situation ever changes I will definitely be looking for an NCCB.

I'll put you on the list. ;)
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Can I share my good news here? My baby is head-down, and I couldn't be happier. Our first son was breach, and we're really hoping to avoid the c-section this time.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Good luck with the VBAC! Maybe this time you'll actually get to listen to your hospital play list!
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

IMPORTANT QUESTION, EVERYONE:

Why do you guys ignore everything that CK says on the forums, here? He and I joke around about it often--every time he says something here, the conversation proceeds as though he never contributed anything. That's why we often have conversations in the middle of topics. It's like he's invisible.

(and me, sometimes. sometimes I'm invisible too)
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Gimgimno wrote:Why do you guys ignore everything that CK says on the forums, here?
Hatred.
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

Good gravy, Gimpster, you actually brought this up for realsies? I mean, goodness knows that nobody will read your post anyhow, but I mean, come on...
<insert smarmy quote here>
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I'm really not sure what just happened... :D

But, anyway, krebscout/Waldorf, I really hope the VBAC works out for you this time! My good friend just had her second baby VBAC and I hope you share the same fortune!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Ok, I'm not sure I want to know, but.... what is VBAC?

And Gumby, you know I always look at what you say. And I (and others) pay attention to CK. Remember the mild drama he contributed to in the association thread?
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Maybe he's referring to his 'so...anyone know any good jokes?' comment in the offending thread. I don't think anyone knew any good jokes.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I never ignore anyone, but I can't help it if someone's comment merits more attention than another.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Sometimes when people reference inside junk that doens't apply to me, but the stuff above it interested me, I ignore the middle. That's pretty much what I did on the Board 5.0 thread over there. It has nothing to do with specific people. We still like you, CK!
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Whoa whoa whoa, guys. This was the PERFECT opportunity to ignore what he said again. You guys totally dropped the ball!

Also, it'll probably be an inside joke whenever he posts to say that it won't be read at the end. Now you're all in on the joke! Funny laughs! Hilarious jokes!

Plus also, Foreman and Commander Keen: I'm glad I went to bed before you guys could keep me up another THREE FULL HOURS. Do you ever sleep? That's all.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Marduk wrote:Ok, I'm not sure I want to know, but.... what is VBAC?
It's delivering a baby the good old-fashioned way after a c-section. Repeat c-sections can get complicated and potentially limit the number of children you can have.
Tao

Post by Tao »

krebscout wrote:
It's delivering a baby the good old-fashioned way after a c-section. Repeat c-sections can get complicated and potentially limit the number of children you can have.
It used to be unheard of, as the scar tissue from the previous caesarean can increase risks during birth. Luckly, as long as the c-section was planned and not an emergency (the cut is located differently), the risks can be minimized.

I don't believe I'd ever seen the term written out, always just verbalized. Always good to learn something new.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I'm shuddering at the thought of the consequences of a poorly placed cut... gives me the willies, it does.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

If the explanations above didn't clarify the actual acronym enough, it stands for vaginal birth after caesarean.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Hey, people ignore my posts all the time, and I'm an admin. You'd think I'd get a little respect. ; )

So my brother and I came home after two days of camping (my family is still up there, the jerks) and the house was 90 degrees. Bleh.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

"We shall be the perfect pair, rather like my thighs!" Gaston singing "Me" has got to be one of my most favorite things ever.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Dead Cat wrote:"We shall be the perfect pair, rather like my thighs!" Gaston singing "Me" has got to be one of my most favorite things ever.
Oh man, that's one of my favorite parts of that play! We even had a pretty good Gaston singing it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Anyone else waiting to buy an all-sports pass? It's been open for twenty minutes but I haven't been able to get in because of heavy server load.

In related news, I still haven't decided which group of near and dear friends I'm going to buy my ticket with...it's either the other marching band dropouts or my ochem lab partners and freshman-year friends back from missions...