Random Maids a'Milking!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Darth Fedora

Re: Random Maids a'Milking!

Post by Darth Fedora »

Whistler wrote:
Tao wrote:I just went to a class on how to help parents learn how to do infant massage. I highly recommend it to any parent.
I'm curious - what's the gist of infant massage?
At first, I read this as "instant message" and I was baffled by the idea of not understanding what the gist of it is. Heh.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I've always thought that a hidden potential advantage of infant massage would be that it might make the kid more likely to sit still long enough for you to put sunscreen and/or bug spray on werf when werf gets a bit older.
Tao

Post by Tao »

NerdGirl wrote:I've always thought that a hidden potential advantage of infant massage would be that it might make the kid more likely to sit still long enough for you to put sunscreen and/or bug spray on werf when werf gets a bit older.
heh, I've been impressed at the sit-still-able nature of massage. My little 2 year old niece can be a holy terror, but if she realizes a massage is a possibility, she'll settle right down and zone out as soon as it begins.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Happy Birthday, werf_must.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I've splurged on two things this weekend: grapes (at $5 for a half-kilo), and REAL butter to make a pound cake (at $4 for 250 grams). Maybe not wise, but neither of those things was available when I first moved here a year ago, and oh my word, they're delicious. And considering that I paid 15 cents for 4 lemons, it evens out, right??
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Emiliana wrote:I've splurged on two things this weekend: grapes (at $5 for a half-kilo), and REAL butter to make a pound cake (at $4 for 250 grams). Maybe not wise, but neither of those things was available when I first moved here a year ago, and oh my word, they're delicious. And considering that I paid 15 cents for 4 lemons, it evens out, right??
Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to pay those prices for baking staples! I'd have to severely restrict my baking...
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Laser Jock wrote:Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to pay those prices for baking staples! I'd have to severely restrict my baking...
When I first read this, I thought you were talking about office-supply-style "baking staples", and I was intrigued.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

They hold quiches together nicely.
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Laser Jock wrote:
Emiliana wrote:
Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to pay those prices for baking staples! I'd have to severely restrict my baking...
Fortunately a lot of other things -- like eggs and avocados and pineapples and rent -- are less expensive. Flour and sugar are comparable to US prices. But grapes have to come all the way from Egypt, and butter ... well, cows here just don't produce very rich milk. Usually I cook with a highly suspicious, margarine-like substance called Blue Band, but sometimes ... sometimes baking with real butter does a world of good for my sanity.
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

Why is lds.org down for maintenance? I don't think that's ever happened before! Come on, it's Sunday, and I want to do some churchy internet surfing like the horrendous nerd I am!!
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

NerdGirl wrote:Why is lds.org down for maintenance? I don't think that's ever happened before! Come on, it's Sunday, and I want to do some churchy internet surfing like the horrendous nerd I am!!
Seriously, what the heck? Did we all go to Missouri and take the website with us and no one informed me?!?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

1) i love my nook

2) i love reading the count of monte cristo

3) i love these two things combined in my life
beautiful, dirty, rich
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

NerdGirl wrote:
NerdGirl wrote:Why is lds.org down for maintenance? I don't think that's ever happened before! Come on, it's Sunday, and I want to do some churchy internet surfing like the horrendous nerd I am!!
Seriously, what the heck? Did we all go to Missouri and take the website with us and no one informed me?!?
The homepage won't come up for me either, but other parts of it are working fine. Try here for churchy study helps?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Free Masons rule the country!
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

I enjoy being the person people call when they have grammatical dilemmas. Is that weird?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

so i've started reading the hunger games series AND I LOVE THEM!!!! HOLY MOLY THEY ARE AMAZING!!! and the author wrote for clarissa explains it all, thus making her the most awesome person EVER!!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

Imogen wrote:so i've started reading the hunger games series AND I LOVE THEM!!!! HOLY MOLY THEY ARE AMAZING!!! and the author wrote for clarissa explains it all, thus making her the most awesome person EVER!!!
That's good, because I just got the first one in the mail from amazon about two hours ago, and I wasn't too excited about it, but I figured people were talking about them so much that I'd better just read them before I accidentally find out the ending, and you just got me more excited about that. Especially the Clarissa Explains it All part, because I love that show!
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

be prepared to get emotional. i mean, i'm a sensitive sally, but i was actually crying at some parts.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

THERE WAS A ROACH IN MY BED!!!! AND I DON'T KNOW WHY BECAUSE MY ROOM IS CLEAN AND IT WAS SCARY AND GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's times like these i miss having a boyfriend.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

My roommate's birthday request from 3d: Ask Unit on a date. Verbalized in front of all the guests at the party, followed by me blushing, having my blushing pointed out obviously and my ankle giving out, causing me to collapse to the floor.
I will have to resolve this situation soon.