Random Maids a'Milking!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Re: Random Maids a'Milking!

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm making some newborn hats and simply can't fathom how tiny they are. They look like they belong on a doll, not a baby. But I've googled baby hat dimensions and they fit perfectly in the newborn size, so I keep going.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

That makes them quick and easy to make.

I just saw the hat you made for Lizard. So darling.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I have new respect for anyone who manages to sleep more than four hours a night with children in the house.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:That makes them quick and easy to make.

… how do you know Lizard?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dragon Lady wrote:
C is for wrote:That makes them quick and easy to make.

… how do you know Lizard?
Well. Lizard's mom was one of my two friends freshman year, then we were in the same ward the next year, then she got married to Lizard's dad and all that stuff happened to me that took me away from BYU. I went to visit my other friend from freshman year last month and we went and visited their family. So I got to meet Lizard. And Lizard's mom posted a Facebook picture in your hat, with your name attached. The end.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Okay, to whoever posted about Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality last week (Dead Cat, I think it was you), I would just like to say that I have now read it all and am dying for a new chapter.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I hadn't seen that picture! Awww… I am so totally in love with that hat. It's probably my favorite yet. Luckily I just went and bought more of that red so I can make one for Dragon Baby. (Y'know, if I can fit in another hat for her amidst the dozens of others I want to get done before Christmas…) (Also, it makes me laugh that Lizard has a nym that's not even meant for the Board.)
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

NerdGirl wrote:Okay, to whoever posted about Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality last week (Dead Cat, I think it was you), I would just like to say that I have now read it all and am dying for a new chapter.
Mwahaha! Yes, it was me. Fortunately, it seems like the guy doesn't take months and months between chapters, so we should have our appetites placated soon.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE A CHILD GUM?

I have found three separate pieces of chewed gum lying around my house today. At least so far they have been on hard surfaces and not carpet. But it makes me worried about the ones I haven't found.

Update: FOUR.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

There are few things worse than touching the underside of a desk or chair to discover someone left their gum there--especially if it's still wet.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I am a firm believer that no child under 5 should get gum or suckers. I just don't trust them. Sticky, gross . . . ugh. I hate it when people give my kids those things.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I gave my two-year-old sister a sucker a while ago. I had to take it from her just now because she had put herself to bed and was trying to keep sucking on it as she was also sucking her fingers.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

The first time my mom ever gave me gum I was three and it got stuck in my hair and turned into a huge disaster that actually made me scared of gum for a while after that. So no gum for kids under 5 is certainly a policy I can get behind.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

There is a very nice girl in the ward that I'm trying to become better friends with. She helped out with the party on Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure she and 3d like each other. I'm just not sure how to go about being friends and making it about being friends with her, instead of friends with 3d's current interest. And she invited me to watch a movie with her tonight, so of course I said yes. I can't pass up social opportunities, particularly when they come from people I want to get to know better, but now I'm over analyzing things and wondering if she's making an effort to be friends with me because she knows that he and I consider each other particularly good friends.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Eh, don't worry about it. Be friends with her and don't worry about 3d. Guys are fickle and next week he might like somebody else.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Ain't that the truth.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Turns out, if I wash my hair at 9 pm, go to bed with it wet and sleep on it until 5ish am, it's still damp.

That's how thick my hair is.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

So, do we know who this Record Breaker/underwear head is?
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

xkcd *** wrote:So, do we know who this Record Breaker/underwear head is?
Yes. http://www.theboardboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1832

I've recognized The Black Sheep's questions so far (well, two of them) but none of the others are recognizable enough yet...
finp

Post by finp »

I find myself quite adept at finding flimsy reasons to skip church this month. Should probably stop practicing that particular skill.