Rally on Monday

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Rally on Monday

Post by TheBlackSheep »

This isn't really a rant. It's more of an invitation to join me for fun rally times. I still have two open spots in my car, and if those fill up, you're welcome to caravan.

So, despite a poll in early 2010 that reported that 70% of Utahns support anti-discrimination laws protecting LGBT people and the fact that the Church came out in support of the first of these laws to be passed in the state AND the fact that ten Utah cities and counties passed anti-discrimination laws in 2010, there is talk among state-level elected officials of attempting to repeal all of those local laws. In response, there is going to be a rally at the capitol rotunda in Salt Lake on the first day of the new legislative session (this upcoming Monday) starting at 5:30. It's supposed to be sit in style, signs encouraged.

I'll be leaving from somewhere in Utah County somewhere around 4 or 4:15. Let me know if you want to come with or if you want more information. If nothing else, it will be a chance to see and be involved in a rally while meeting some cool Board types, whose identities I will not disclose.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Re: Rally on Monday

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Uhm, just kidding, I just counted and I only have one spot open in my car.
melbabi

Post by melbabi »

I would love to meet you there! Let me know where and when to meet you and I'll be there!
Alas! When passion is both meek and wild!
-John Keats
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Well, I'm a little far away, but I fully support you all and wish you success!