VIDEO GAMES

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: VIDEO GAMES

Post by Marduk »

Just a disagreement on definition (hrmm, where have we seen this before?) If you're defining it solely based on the OS, then I have to back off my somewhat strong-handed position and simply posit that for gaming, Windows is better than Mac or Linux.
Deus ab veritas
Tao

Post by Tao »

And for systems, Alienware trumps all.
Waldorf and Sauron

Post by Waldorf and Sauron »

Marduk wrote:for gaming, Windows is better than Mac or Linux.
Absolutely. And that's why I also have Windows on my Mac. If I was a huge gamer (and had money for a second machine), I would get a Windows desktop.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Speaking of which, my husband and I built a computer with a nice graphics card only to find out it had some bugs with Starcraft 2. It was a sad day... I just hope they patch it.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

More likely is that the video card will have updated drivers that are more compatible.

And Tao, Alienware only trumps in price. Anyone with a decent knowledge of computers can build something comparable to any of their machines, and for half the price.
Deus ab veritas
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Unfortunately I installed the most recent drivers, but it's just the way this particular card works with the game.