Kissing scenes ~ #62051

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Dead Cat
Completed

Re: Kissing scenes ~ #62051

Post by Dead Cat »

Katya wrote:
Dead Cat wrote:I'm going to have to go with this one. It's a real magical kiss--with fireworks!
And it has the unfortunate effect of transforming him from a hot beast to a boring-looking prince.
No, that was a pre-effect, not a side effect.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Tim the Monkey

Post by Tim the Monkey »

C is for wrote: I like the SyFy Alice/Hatter one better, and I've never even seen that show.
I've seen it myself, and I highly recommend it. There are a few, very small moments where the plot is stretched a little too thin, but the acting is spot-on! What I love the most about it is how realistically Alice's reaction to Wonderland is portrayed; she just wants to get back home, and she'll do whatever it takes to get there, no matter how selfish or stupid "whatever" might be at any given time.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

Tim the Monkey wrote:
C is for wrote: I like the SyFy Alice/Hatter one better, and I've never even seen that show.
I've seen it myself, and I highly recommend it. There are a few, very small moments where the plot is stretched a little too thin, but the acting is spot-on! What I love the most about it is how realistically Alice's reaction to Wonderland is portrayed; she just wants to get back home, and she'll do whatever it takes to get there, no matter how selfish or stupid "whatever" might be at any given time.
I've never even heard of the movie, but watching that kiss made me want to see it. Partly because it was an awesome kiss, partly because it made me look up cute fan-made music videos with other clips of the movie (another weakness!), and partly because––WHO is that blonde chick in the mirror just watching them kiss?!?

Also: Tim, ARE you a girl? And are you one of the 100 typists?
"She was illusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl."
Tim the Monkey

Post by Tim the Monkey »

stargirl wrote:I've never even heard of the movie, but watching that kiss made me want to see it. Partly because it was an awesome kiss, partly because it made me look up cute fan-made music videos with other clips of the movie (another weakness!), and partly because––WHO is that blonde chick in the mirror just watching them kiss?!?

Also: Tim, ARE you a girl? And are you one of the 100 typists?
The blonde chick is Alice's mom...which may or may not make it less awkward that she's standing there, mouth agape, depending on your perspective.

I am a monkey that types, but not one of the typists. (I am awesome, but not that awesome.)

As for my gender...can't you tell? ;)
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Tim the Monkey wrote:As for my gender...can't you tell? ;)
Is "evil" a gender now?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Tim the Monkey

Post by Tim the Monkey »

Dead Cat wrote:
Tim the Monkey wrote:As for my gender...can't you tell? ;)
Is "evil" a gender now?
It is if that means I get my own cool, Imperial March-esque theme song that plays whenever I enter a room (or...thread...as it were...). Muahaha! :lol:

haha, it's really not some big conspiracy against you guys...but since my gender is in question, if I admit to being a gent in this thread, then I've outted myself as the biggest pansy-man on the board, but if I admit to being a lady in this thread, then I've proved CJ right...and who wants to do that?! ;) I'm sure it'll come out eventually, if ya'll haven't figured it out already.

It's all in good fun though. I'm not intentionally being "evil."

Of course...that theme song WOULD be pretty cool...
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Tim the Monkey wrote:...but since my gender is in question, if I admit to being a gent in this thread, then I've outted myself as the biggest pansy-man on the board, but if I admit to being a lady in this thread, then I've proved CJ right...and who wants to do that?!
Ima say 'dude' based purely on this statement. Girls don't call themselves ladies, and wouldn't think talking about kissing would make a dude seem like a pansy-man.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I disagree about girls calling themselves "ladies," but the pansy-man thing I agree with. This is so intriguing!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm gonna go with a gent, too. And Yellow admits to having watched Anne of Green Gables and enjoying it. And when we were dating (and not dating. And dating again.) he watched every Jane Austen film with Heartless Siren and me. As did his roommate who is by far the manliest man that could possibly walk the face of the earth. I don't think you're a pansy-man.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

My husband openly admits that he enjoys While You Were Sleeping, Return to Me, and The Bachelor. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal for guys to watch chick flicks -- or to do a lot of other so-called feminine things, for that matter. But I guess their man-buddies make a big deal of it. And I think that's stupid. I think the whole "macho" thing is completely and totally stupid. But I'll stop there. I could rant about that subject for quite a while...
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Watching a chick flick does not make you a pansy man. Squeeing over the kissing scene does.
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Marduk wrote:Watching a chick flick does not make you a pansy man. Squeeing over the kissing scene does.
Agreed.