Encore-Parts of the Body

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Encore-Parts of the Body

Post by ahem. »

New round! This game's theme is Parts of the Body, meaning your entries must contain at least one word that is an acknowledged part of the human body.

The following rules apply:

1. No repetition is allowed. Once a body part has been used, it no longer counts. If your entry includes more than one qualifying body part, please indicate which you would like your entry to count toward.

2. The word must actually represent a body part within the context of the song. Example: "For the army we fight is a dangerous foe / With the men and the arms that we never can match," would NOT be a valid entry, because 'arms' here means weapons, and not human appendages.

3. The first round starts now and ends at 11:59pm on Monday, March 7th. After that, each round lasts one day.
Dead Cat
Completed

Re: Encore-Parts of the Body

Post by Dead Cat »

"Let's take a look at what's holding you together! Ligaments are what links bone to bone. Cartilage's what holds them in between."

--"Them Bones, Them Bones, Them Not So Dry Bones" from Schoolhouse Rock

"Baby, he needs to tell you something! I don't got a belly button!"

--"Belly Button" by Boyz in the Sink from Veggietales
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

"Elbow room, elbow room, got to got to get us some elbow room, it's the moon or bust, in God we trust"
Elbow Room, from Schoolhouse Rock

(so long in case I mixed some words up)

I also think, if it's okay with everyone, can we have both specific and generals? For example, if someone does "fingers" someone else can still do "pinky" and/or "pointer finger"? Not that I know any songs with those yet, but I can think of times when that would be a useful distinction to make.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

C is for wrote:I also think, if it's okay with everyone, can we have both specific and generals? For example, if someone does "fingers" someone else can still do "pinky" and/or "pointer finger"? Not that I know any songs with those yet, but I can think of times when that would be a useful distinction to make.
I would vote yes on "pinky," but I don't know about "pointer finger" (since it's a compound word). Would you want both "eye" and "left eye" to count?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you."

The Beatles. "All My Lovin' "
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Katya wrote:
C is for wrote:I also think, if it's okay with everyone, can we have both specific and generals? For example, if someone does "fingers" someone else can still do "pinky" and/or "pointer finger"? Not that I know any songs with those yet, but I can think of times when that would be a useful distinction to make.
I would vote yes on "pinky," but I don't know about "pointer finger" (since it's a compound word). Would you want both "eye" and "left eye" to count?
Not "eye" and "left eye", but "eyes" and "left eye", sure. That fits within the idea I have of generals and specifics. I suppose by "general" I mean "category of body part."

But...eh...I'm not in charge. And I'm not sure it's the best idea ever; you'll have to pardon me, I usually don't try to get on the computer and talk rationally until after I've had my early morning nap.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

" . . . my two front teeth, my two front teeth yeah my two front teeth."

-"All I Want for Christmas"
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

"She will tingle your spine as she captures your heart and your head!"

The Scarlet Pimpernel, "Madame Guillotine"

"I have two little hands folded snugly and tight. They are tiny and weak but they know what is right."

"Two Little Hands"
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Katya wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna vote that specifics and generals are okay, but only if they aren't just adding an adjective/modifier to a part that's already been used. If we've already had 'bone,' you can't use 'hip bone' as a new entry. But you can use 'tibia.'
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

"There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart"

Bonnie Tyler, "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Deus ab veritas
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Would I be correct in assuming that non-human body parts are off limits? But what about if it's a human talking about transforming into a unicorn or something? Also, is bodily fluids and excrement also off limits?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Tao

Post by Tao »

"You know nothing of madness, until you're climbing her hair....."

Agony - Into The Woods
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Head, and shoulders, KNEES, and toes! KNEES and toes!

-"Head and shoulders. Knees and toes"

I'm using knees, btw
beautiful, dirty, rich
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Dead Cat wrote:Would I be correct in assuming that non-human body parts are off limits? But what about if it's a human talking about transforming into a unicorn or something? Also, is bodily fluids and excrement also off limits?
Human parts have been specified, so I'm going to say no transformation-related non-human parts will count. Also, no on fluids/excrement.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Hmm. Should I keep a master list of body parts that have been used? Here's what we have thus far:

Ligaments
Belly button
Elbow
Eyes
Spine
Hands
Heart
Hair
Knees
Teeth
Beards
Tummy
Belly
Toes
Shoulder
Face
Arms
Brain
Hips
Parietal lobe
Nose
Feet
Leg
Mind
Whiskers
Ankle
Lips
Cheeks
Back
Fingers
Head
Ventricle
Neck
Intestines
Mouth
Forehead
Skin
Tongue
Eyelashes
Waist
Jaw
Booty
Mustache
Epidermis
Veins
Scalp
Ear
Breasts
Rib
Thigh
Cilia
Guts
Chest
Chin
Wrist
Shin
Kidneys
Biceps
Heel
Placenta
Bladder
Palm
Baby fat
Latissimus dorsi
Teardrop
Eyebrows
Freckles
DNA
Antibodies
Blood
Stomach
Throat
Last edited by Dead Cat on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 17 times in total.

--Jasper Fforde
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

"While they lie there for years. And you cry on their beards. What unbearable bliss!"

--"Agony (Reprise)" from Into the Woods

"You won't sleep on your tummy. You won't sleep on your back. We're quite a kooky couple, you'll agree."

--"Different as Can Be" from A Very Potter Musical

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

"Back to back and belly to belly, well I don't really care 'cause I'm stone dead already."

"Zombie Jamboree."
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

"Two little eyes that see. Head and shoulders, knees and TOES . . ."

-Two Little Eyes
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Dead Cat wrote:Hmm. Should I keep a master list of body parts that have been used? Here's what we have thus far:
Dang, I was gonna do that. Y'all just beat me to it.

Well, here are the continuing participants from Round One:

Dead Cat (x2)
C is for
Katya
Defy V
bobtheenchantedone (x2)
Marduk
Tao
Imogen

(Why are Dead Cat and bob doing two a day? I thought it mean they were just gonna post every other day, but it seems like Dead Cat at least is posting in every round?)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

(Why are Dead Cat and bob doing two a day? I thought it mean they were just gonna post every other day, but it seems like Dead Cat at least is posting in every round?)
It's because they know so many more songs than the rest of us it's their personal handicap.

"Put your head on my shoulder, hold me in your arms baby"

(3 body parts in one line!)