What the Future Brings...Rapture?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
mic0

What the Future Brings...Rapture?

Post by mic0 »

Today's title quote on The Board: "Look out for the future, because you never know what it might bring…"

Is that some kind of subtle joke? Since it is... May 21st... the end and all.
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by C is for »

I'll be super bummed if the rapture happens today. I have a date. But hey, maybe we'll go together. "It's a rapture party, and I'm supposed to bring an eternal companion. Care to join me?"

How sweet.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Does anyone know what time of day the rapture should happen at? Cuz Yellow and I are doing a bunch of house hunting today while Dragon Baby naps at Grandma's house. I'd rather be with her during the rapture. Y'know, it just seems appropriate for it to be a family affair.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Oh, nevermind. I found it. 6 pm. But according to that, I don't need to worry about it since I'm Mormon. So instead I'll just go to Stake Conference.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Dragon Lady wrote:Oh, nevermind. I found it. 6 pm. But according to that, I don't need to worry about it since I'm Mormon. So instead I'll just go to Stake Conference.
I guess I don't need to worry about it either. That's good, because it was going to throw off all of my evening plans. I'm planning to play "rapture the rag" (I haven't decided on the rules yet but it'll be like capture the flag), watch 2012 and Armageddon, eat, drink and be merry . . .
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I think it's rather convenient that the rapture is happening at 6 pm local time. Everywhere. The world will erupt in earthquakes at everyone's 6 pm local time. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is!
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Yeah, how would that work anyway? Would the earth quake just "do the wave" and roll from time zone to time zone?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Defy V wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:Oh, nevermind. I found it. 6 pm. But according to that, I don't need to worry about it since I'm Mormon. So instead I'll just go to Stake Conference.
I guess I don't need to worry about it either. That's good, because it was going to throw off all of my evening plans. I'm planning to play "rapture the rag" (I haven't decided on the rules yet but it'll be like capture the flag), watch 2012 and Armageddon, eat, drink and be merry . . .
"Rapture the rag" is an awesome name.
Digit

Post by Digit »

What local time is used up in the International Space Station? Do they get to decide for themselves? I hope they take video from their angle.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

C is for wrote:"Rapture the rag" is an awesome name.
Heh, so at first I just read this part without seeing the previous discussion...and I thought you were talking about naming your rags, like your pets or something...
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Hey, mods! Could we get this moved to a Rapture thread? I get the feeling that this is going to turn into much non-randomness. And thus far it's fun enough that I'd like to see it keep going.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Defy V wrote:Yeah, how would that work anyway? Would the earth quake just "do the wave" and roll from time zone to time zone?
Simultaneously.

(All things are possible with ... okay, I can't remember the quote. But it's possible that the laws of time can break at the end of the world.)
Defy V

Re: What the Future Brings...Rapture?

Post by Defy V »

You know, the laws of time probably will have to break at the end of the world to fit everything together.

In other news, this morning I woke up with the hymn "Come, Ye Children of the Lord" in my head. Too bad I'm not in charge of picking the hymns this week because that would be very fitting.

How many hymns have the word "rapture" in them, out of curiosity?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Dragon Lady wrote:I think it's rather convenient that the rapture is happening at 6 pm local time. Everywhere. The world will erupt in earthquakes at everyone's 6 pm local time. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is!
After all, the Lord is bound by manmade times zones.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Well, it's past 6pm Uganda time, so I think I'm okay!
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Emiliana wrote:Well, it's past 6pm Uganda time, so I think I'm okay!
Actually, I think that means you're not okay if you're still here. But it's 9:15 here, so I got left behind, too. We can watch that Kirk Cameron movie for some post-rapture survival tips.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Here you go. I love the two hugely bearded guys puffing out fireballs at the two swat team ninjas firing bullets right through them. :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Hooray! We… survived? But no earthquakes! So I'm good.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Digit wrote:Here you go. I love the two hugely bearded guys puffing out fireballs at the two swat team ninjas firing bullets right through them. :)
Pssh, that's not even remotely accurate. Everyone knows the end of the world will be broadcast on FOX, not CNN.
Deus ab veritas