Ugly Color Schemes

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Ugly Color Schemes

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/63072/

I don't read the Board too often these days (teh horror!) so I consider myself quite lucky that one of the few times I pop in to check I find this question.

Right now one of the more popular items in my shop are my tiny bracelet sets, which have so many possibilities that I find it near impossible to come up with color schemes. I am going to have many fun hours with kuler.

As for the ugly schemes mentioned...

I like turquoise (though I may define the color differently from CK), including turquoise (and other shades of blue) with brown.
I love red, white, and black (so far we have both a duct tape ring and a tiny bracelet set with this scheme)
I love pairing brown with other colors (most of my newer sets started with a shade of brown, which I then matched other colors to)

I dislike too many pastels together, any combination that immediately brings a holiday to mind (unless that holiday is approaching), and many schemes involving yellow.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Yarjka

Re: Ugly Color Schemes

Post by Yarjka »

Anything I dress my daughter in that isn't a pre-approved outfit is the worst color scheme ever ... at least that's what my wife tells me. My daughter is yet to complain.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I'm opposed to pale yellows and tans. Especially in public bathrooms. I do like turquoise, however, and I think it can look quite good with brown. Bright sea green can be jarring. I have more thoughts, but I can't think of them right now.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Yarjka wrote:Anything I dress my daughter in that isn't a pre-approved outfit is the worst color scheme ever ... at least that's what my wife tells me. My daughter is yet to complain.
Any outfit I choose for my youngest sister has to be run past my mother first. I am also not so good with the choosing of the clothes.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Talons

Post by Talons »

Yarjka wrote:Anything I dress my daughter in that isn't a pre-approved outfit is the worst color scheme ever ... at least that's what my wife tells me. My daughter is yet to complain.
This happens at our house pretty frequently, mostly because I dress my daughter in the first things I can find.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Anything my husband wears has to be approved by me first...

...okay, it's not really that bad. But I do try to keep him well dressed.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Ha. Don't come to my house, anybody, because you will judge us. Sometimes Sauron wears plaid button-up shirts with crazy clashing ties and I love it. All colors, all patterns - it's all good.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

krebscout wrote:Ha. Don't come to my house, anybody, because you will judge us. Sometimes Sauron wears plaid button-up shirts with crazy clashing ties and I love it. All colors, all patterns - it's all good.
I like people who are brave enough to clash. I don't even like wearing two different colors. :oops:
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

The only colors I won't wear are orange and khaki. Khaki because it matches my skin too much and makes me look weird, and orange because I don't like it. I love to wear brown, especially with any shade of blue, pink, or black. I have a friend who hates it when I wear brown and black together, but Stacey and Clinton on What Not To Wear say that they are both neutrals, so it's fine.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Katya wrote:
krebscout wrote:Ha. Don't come to my house, anybody, because you will judge us. Sometimes Sauron wears plaid button-up shirts with crazy clashing ties and I love it. All colors, all patterns - it's all good.
I like people who are brave enough to clash. I don't even like wearing two different colors. :oops:
I should probably clarify that I'm not counting neutrals as different colors. (I have my own rules about neutrals.) But I'm not miss monochrome.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Do blue jeans count as neutral?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:Do blue jeans count as neutral?
I would count them as that, yeah.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Katya wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:Do blue jeans count as neutral?
I would count them as that, yeah.
I've always wondered how that came to be. You would think that other-colored jeans would've become popular at some point (I guess they did in the 70's), but for the most part we all wear blue ALL THE TIME.