Memorial Day weekend

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Memorial Day weekend

Post by Dragon Lady »

My Memorial Day weekend consisted of:

1. Housing plans fell through. Again. Grrrrr.
2. Dragon Baby fell off her bed and got 4 stitches in her eyelid.
3. I'm pregnant! Due in February. (Remember how I've been trying for ages? This is ridiculously exciting to me.)
4. Lots of relaxing and playing games.

How were your weekends?
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Memorial Day weekend

Post by C is for »

Yay Dragon Lady! I just grinned when I saw on Facebook...and your blog...I'm glad Dragon Baby is doing well too. I don't know how I ever missed those little traumatizing experiences that seem to color every childhood.

(My mom says congrats too.)

My weekend consisted of, let's see. We went out to lunch on Saturday for my brother's impending 13th birthday. On Sunday, I came up with a new calling (Relationship Status Coordinator) and learned that someone needs to teach the Relief Society how to flirt (may as well be me, right?), and also my brother received the first four series of Doctor Who. On Monday we went and visited the cemetery, and also watched many an episode from series 3 (I additionally watched some from series 5, hoping to add a little more clarity to this question).

And the weekend just keeps going and going and going ... working only 2 hours a day does quite a bit toward one's free time.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I went on a date to the library friday, played killer bunnies saturday, cleaned my room listening to MoTab Sunday (I wasn't feeling well), and spent monday playing Oblivion at my friends house.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:On Sunday, I came up with a new calling (Relationship Status Coordinator) and learned that someone needs to teach the Relief Society how to flirt (may as well be me, right?)
[blink]

really?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Well, yes. Most boys in my ward don't date, and much of it is fear that the girl will either already be in a relationship or will freak out because if he's asking her out it must be love. So, I came up with the RSC to mitigate most of those problems. Because I don't care about anonymity, here is my blog post detailing the calling.

And then for 5th Sunday we had the Area Director come give us some relationship advice, and he said that the Relief Society needed a lesson on making themselves available and flirting. And I do have to give the lesson this week...

(Maybe I should call in a guest speaker, though. Someone engaged or married that's actually had success in their flirting endeavors.)
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Congratulations, DL and family! Best of luck with the housing.

We went on a hot date to the observatory and a screening of several short films, then Church and a barbecue with neighbors, then a picnic on Memorial Day proper. The more amazing, free things we do and interesting, educated people we meet, the more I like living in Los Angeles.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Yay babies! My best friend is pregnant, as is my roommate's sister, and my other roommate's friend's wife. I feel like i'm surrounded by pregnant ladies.
beautiful, dirty, rich
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Congratulations, DL!!!!!!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Lesse. Worked Friday, hung out with Marduk Saturday, hung out with Marduk Sunday, worked Monday. Yep. Eventful. ; )

I did end my Monday getting stuck at Wal-Mart for about 45 minutes because my key refused to turn in the ignition, and was then rescued by Marduk. Who I then hung out with. I must really like that guy.

Also: congrats DL! I was just too 0_0 to say anything on Tuesday.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Hung out with my husband's family all weekend. Kind of did nothing. Read 3 books (2 of which I had read before). Had a blast watching my mother-in-law read Harry Potter for the first time (and she has this loud wonderful laugh which made it even better).

Congrats, Dragon Lady! I am so excited for you!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Congratulations DL! I too am pregnant.

For Memorial Day weekend, we bought a bunch of Ikea desks and I assembled most of it in our new study area. Our basement is starting to feel like part of the house where we do things! We also celebrated a bunch of in-laws' birthdays.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Are you, Whistler? That is very exciting news! And it makes me smile.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Oh, wow. Congratulations Whistler!

And DL, it sort of ruins the elation I felt at having a secret if you TELL everyone! Not cool, buddy (o:

I can't even remember what I did over the weekend. Clearly it was not as meaningful for me as it was for the rest of you.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

chillygator wrote:Oh, wow. Congratulations Whistler!

And DL, it sort of ruins the elation I felt at having a secret if you TELL everyone! Not cool, buddy (o:

I can't even remember what I did over the weekend. Clearly it was not as meaningful for me as it was for the rest of you.
I warned you that it was not going to be a secret for long. And at least I told you when it was still a secret. Hours before I announced it to the world.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Whistler wrote:Congratulations DL! I too am pregnant.
Wooooo! That's fantastic! Congrats! When are you due?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

My BFF wants a Dr. Seuss themed nursery. This has sent Auntie Imogen into a tizzy of excitement over buying the baby LOTS of awesome stuff.
beautiful, dirty, rich
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Sweet! She should put shoes on the walls...and a woset in the closet.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Dragon Lady wrote:
Whistler wrote:Congratulations DL! I too am pregnant.
Wooooo! That's fantastic! Congrats! When are you due?
Due late January. Our future children will be about the same age!