#63666 - DARE's Decade Quiz

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Which are you reasonably sure you would guess correctly? (e.g. Would bet big on jeopardy.)

1910s: What follows the lyrics, "So prepare, say a prayer, send the word, send the word to beware"?
2%
1920s: What players, other than Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, were on the famous "Murderer's Row" lineup from the 1927 Yankees?
2%
1930s: What follows the lyrics, "Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time"?
4%
1940s: Who is the subject of the song with the lyrics, "He tied the mark at forty-four, July the first you know, since then he's hit a good twelve more"?
9%
1950s: What would you win if you said the secret word on You Bet Your Life?
2%
1960s: Who hosted the Woodstock music festival?
2%
1970s: Who was the host of Match Game?
4%
1980s: Who shot J. R.?
9%
1990s: Who shot Mr. Burns?
19%
2000s: What phrase described the debacle at Super Bowl XXXVIII with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake?
38%
None of the Above
9%

Total votes: 47

D.A.R.E.

Re: #63666 - DARE's Decade Quiz

Post by D.A.R.E. »

Considering that 18 people knew at least one answer compared to the 4 that didn't know any, that's a success rate of 82%. It's not perfect, but I think that's about as good as we're going to get. People who aren't familiar with the wardrobe malfunction aren't likely to be time travellers, anyway.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

18 people knew at least one answer, but what if the time traveler was from the 1990s? In that case, the best we have is 9. For the record, all of us were alive in the 1990s, some in college in the 1990s, and still only 9 answered it correctly. I still think multiple questions in various categories would be a better way of determining it. (Not that I don't think your questions were good. No way, you did a great job! Just if we were actually going to make a quiz to determine the time travelers, multiple questions would be in order, in my opinion.)
D.A.R.E.

Post by D.A.R.E. »

To be fair, the ideal question for a time traveller would be something like, "What year did you come here from?"
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

D.A.R.E. wrote:To be fair, the ideal question for a time traveller would be something like, "What year did you come here from?"
Who said there was only time travelers in the asylum? That's chronodiscrimination!

And besides, I think it would be ideal to make living in the asylum a fun experience, don't you think? Playing "Guess My Decade" would be the best game ever. Also, weirding out the asylum workers with future pop culture references would be awesome--imagine a bunch of supposed crazies suddenly start singing "Hey Jude" or "Bad Boys" or something. That would be fun.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

D.A.R.E. wrote:To be fair, the ideal question for a time traveller would be something like, "What year did you come here from?"
If this isn't allowed, I'd ask something like, "Who is Ronald Reagan?" That would do a better job of distinguishing between people from a decade and people who just lived in that decade, since the most likely answer would change over time.
wired

Post by wired »

Even better would be, "What is Ronald Reagan most famous for?" Actor gets you the 60s, governor gets you the 70s, president gets you the 80s.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Conservative demi-god gets you the 2000's and beyond?
Deus ab veritas
wired

Post by wired »

Just up to 2020. First person to be artificially re-animated by King George Bush IV, gets you from 2030 and beyond.