What company would you love to work at?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Digit

What company would you love to work at?

Post by Digit »

I was reading today about General Fusion and thinking how cool it would be if I were paid to help try to come up with a working fusion reactor. Not to mention the huge benefit to humanity such a thing would be, or how likely the chance of success even is, it would be so neat to get to work on such a challenging problem as that. Alas, I don't have a Ph.D. in plasma physics or even training in mechanical engineering, so my chances are pretty low.
Where would you love to work if you could have anything?
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Architect

Re: What company would you love to work at?

Post by Architect »

To be completely honest, I would absolutely love to start/run my own software company. I know those are a dime a dozen right now but that's my current dream. I would do it right now except I have a fantastic job that's paying for all my school costs, and I don't want to quit that to do something I may or may not make any money on.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

National Geographic, photographer. Alternatively, I would love to be someone who works on a team and documents dying languages. Seriously, that would be amazing (and is slightly more realistic than the National Geographic, I suppose).
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

mic0 wrote:Alternatively, I would love to be someone who works on a team and documents dying languages. Seriously, that would be amazing (and is slightly more realistic than the National Geographic, I suppose).
You've seen The Linguists, right?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I hadn't even heard of it until just now! Looks intense, and maybe dream-shattering.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i'd either be an extremely famous Broadway actress, or (more realistically) the director of education at a theatre, or just working at a theatre in the educational field.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Digit

Post by Digit »

Indian guy in the preview clip wrote:If you will show the money he will attack you.
:shock:
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

mic0 wrote:I hadn't even heard of it until just now! Looks intense, and maybe dream-shattering.
I wouldn't call it dream-shattering. (If anything, they're too snooty about people who do any other sort of linguistics.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I want to write for the _Killscreen_ really badly (a pretentious video game magazine). I'd really like to be a freelance writer and write for a lot of different publications, but if I had to choose one company to work for, I think it would be fun to work for Google, or a company with a similar ethic.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I want to continue working for Quiet Mischief and Company. Barring that, Disney.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Montessori.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Is it lame to say BYU? (I'd be able to do a second master's degree for free, which would be nice.)
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

I don't think so, Katya. I would love to be a librarian at BYU someday. Other things I would love to do at some point include being a published writer (of novels) and being a stay-at home mom.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I'd also love to work at Pixar, although I don't know in what capacity. (Do they need a librarian?)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I know they work with code libraries... do they have librarians for those? :-)
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

The funny thing is that I have thought about this,and I still can't come up with anywhere I would rather work than my old job. Someday, when my last kid is in grade school, I really hope my old principal is still there so she can hire me back, because I really did love AFHS.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Whistler wrote:I know they work with code libraries... do they have librarians for those? :-)
Ha! Not that I know of. They probably have a digital archivist, though.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Alberta Children's Hospital http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/ACH/
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Katya wrote:I'd also love to work at Pixar, although I don't know in what capacity. (Do they need a librarian?)
I would guess they also need someone who can look up random information about the things they make movies of (i.e. oceans, insects, etc.) That seems like the kind of job that would be right up your alley, Katya!