Elephant?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

wired

Elephant?

Post by wired »

Did I miss the introduction of elephant? Is it a meme? Past writer? An Editor who doesn't want to be outed?
mic0

Re: Elephant?

Post by mic0 »

My suspicion is an Editor's friend :P I don't know who it is, but the answers just started last night.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

mic0 wrote:My suspicion is an Editor's friend :P I don't know who it is, but the answers just started last night.
But my question is why they're posting it under The Editor's account, and not under the specific editor's nym.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

They're ashamed? Hmmm... good question.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

mic0 wrote:They're ashamed? Hmmm... good question.
Well then, they could mark it as "None". They don't get stats credit for marking it under the Editor nym*, either. It makes me wonder if there are a lot of over hours questions and the editors have been trying to figure out how to knock them down, and someone they all know said they'd be happy to be a temporary writer, just to answer some red questions, but instead of giving them access to the board and their own nym, they're just crediting it to the editors. That's my guess, anyway.

*My autocorrect just changed nym to gym.
Architect

Post by Architect »

Dragon Lady wrote:It makes me wonder if there are a lot of over hours questions and the editors have been trying to figure out how to knock them down, and someone they all know said they'd be happy to be a temporary writer, just to answer some red questions, but instead of giving them access to the board and their own nym, they're just crediting it to the editors. That's my guess, anyway.
There aren't really that many over hours questions at the moment.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Architect wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:It makes me wonder if there are a lot of over hours questions and the editors have been trying to figure out how to knock them down, and someone they all know said they'd be happy to be a temporary writer, just to answer some red questions, but instead of giving them access to the board and their own nym, they're just crediting it to the editors. That's my guess, anyway.
There aren't really that many over hours questions at the moment.
SO MUCH MYSTERY. That's what makes secrets so fun. I don't begrudge the writers at all for it. (seriously)
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Maybe Elephant knows that The Editors are editors, but doesn't know which writers they are and it's all a plot to make sure Elephant won't find out who is who.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Dead Cat wrote:Maybe Elephant knows that The Editors are editors, but doesn't know which writers they are and it's all a plot to make sure Elephant won't find out who is who.
But then wouldn't it be more fun to rotate through the nyms that post it?
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I talked to him this afternoon. My understanding is that they gave him a few real questions from the inbox as part of his application because a bunch of stuff cropped up the week that his writer application was out. Rather than extend his deadline on the application, they just gave him a few real questions to answer.

I'm not sure if that's going to be common practice now or if circumstances justified this, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, that happened in my application. It was pretty cool to have answers published like the day I became a writer.