66028 Literary Epitome

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Dead Cat
Completed

66028 Literary Epitome

Post by Dead Cat »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/66028/

I was curious who everyone else's answers to this question would be. I'll give my answers tomorrow.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Re: 66028 Literary Epitome

Post by Dragon Lady »

If I were forced to answer, it would probably be something lame like, "Any question that requires me to click over to another website and read more than the question immediately becomes 90x more likely to not get a real answer from me."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I just have a hard time coming up with an archetypal female character.

My main problem is how to choose a female without excluding all the other roles a female can have. (Okay, that sounded weird. Look at the time!) Like, if I choose a housewife, does that mean I'm saying that a career woman isn't someone to emulate? Or vice versa?

But I'll think more about it. Mostly I need to sit down and ponder if the women I'm thinking of are actually worth discussion or if I just like them to like them.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

The perfect female, in my opinion, is Molly Weasley. She cares deeply about her family and focuses on being a mother, not only to her children, but to anyone else she can find that might need her help. She encourages learning in her children and personally knows her way around spells with practical applications, from general housework to protecting her daughter from a Dark witch. She does not hole herself up in the house all day, but is an active member of the community. She is a respected member of the Order of the Phoenix. She makes time to do the small things that add up to making those around her good and happy people. Her biggest fault is that she tries too hard.

The perfect man, also in my opinion, is Wesley. He is constantly looking for new things to learn and does not let any skills he has acquired become lost. He deals with others with honor, preferring to let skill talk instead of taking opportunities to cheat or take advantage of his opponent. He is devoted to Buttercup and is willing to acquiesce any reasonable request from her. He is willing to wait for what he wants. He will not oblige stupidity and lies from others, though. He also took part in the greatest kiss ever.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Portia

Post by Portia »

Elizabeth Bennett is so popular for a reason: witty, confident, savvy, reasonably good-looking, fiercely loyal, outdoorsy.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

Lil' Master may or may not be named after Elizabeth Bennet.