Movie Goofs

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Digit

Movie Goofs

Post by Digit »

The other night I was watching a movie called Collateral in which Tom Cruise is a bad guy and Jamie Foxx is a cab driver that gets mixed up with him. Anyways, there's a part where a guy gets thrown off of the second floor of a building making a big crack in Foxx's cab's front window. Then later when they're back on the road, there's an aerial view of the car driving down the highway with a spotless windshield. I wonder how that got through the probably very intense editing process. Presumably, these are very well-compensated folks working on this multimillion dollar project.

What other movie goofs do you know of?
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: Movie Goofs

Post by Fredjikrang »

Oh, there are tons. I watched Dragon Heart with my little sister saturday, and saw quite a few. For instance, when the monk is learning how to shoot, the fletchings on his arrow change a couple of times, without him having shot.

Also, I like to spot reused footage. In the same movie, there are two times that the dragon goes into a cave behind a waterfall, and both of them use the exact some footage.

Can't think of any others right now, but I'll keep thinking.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Digit

Post by Digit »

I think one time in an episode of TOS, Captain Kirk stepped into the turbolift in his regular Starfleet uniform and came out in a type of tunic, or vice versa.

And in Jaws: The Revenge, there's a scene where Michael Caine climbs out of the water into a boat and in the next instance his shirt is bone dry. But apparently, that was because the blue dye in the water was making his hair blue, so it's not that the cinematographers blew it; they were just hoping you wouldn't notice.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

It used to bug me a lot in dinner scenes when the water level in the glass would change from shot to shot in the same sequence. I always wondered why they have them drink any water at all, but then I realized that maybe the shots were done on different days--it's hard to keep everything exactly the same in that case.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yarjka wrote:It used to bug me a lot in dinner scenes when the water level in the glass would change from shot to shot in the same sequence. I always wondered why they have them drink any water at all, but then I realized that maybe the shots were done on different days--it's hard to keep everything exactly the same in that case.
Speaking of water (and this isn't about a goof) that reminded me of an actually pretty good small detail in a movie called At First Sight which is based on a true story in which Val Kilmer plays a guy who, through an operation, temporarily regained his sight after having gone most (but not all) of his life without it, and the difficulty he had processing this new sensory input. There's a scene in which, even though he has sight, he still fills a glass of water with his finger in the glass so he knows when it's full.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Digit wrote:
Yarjka wrote:It used to bug me a lot in dinner scenes when the water level in the glass would change from shot to shot in the same sequence. I always wondered why they have them drink any water at all, but then I realized that maybe the shots were done on different days--it's hard to keep everything exactly the same in that case.
Speaking of water (and this isn't about a goof) that reminded me of an actually pretty good small detail in a movie called At First Sight which is based on a true story in which Val Kilmer plays a guy who, through an operation, temporarily regained his sight after having gone most (but not all) of his life without it, and the difficulty he had processing this new sensory input. There's a scene in which, even though he has sight, he still fills a glass of water with his finger in the glass so he knows when it's full.
I never got around to seeing that film. I'll have to check it out.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Ah, but it's been years since I've looked at slipups.com. I found it via its sister site eeggs.com, as I'm more interested in easter eggs than movies, but it seems like it'd be a nice touch for this thread.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Digit

Post by Digit »

Tao wrote:Ah, but it's been years since I've looked at slipups.com. I found it via its sister site eeggs.com, as I'm more interested in easter eggs than movies, but it seems like it'd be a nice touch for this thread.
Nice. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed the direction and/or length of the shadow on Tom Hanks' face at the end of Castaway.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

That's part of the script supervisor's job. For example, they'd have to remember which arm a character wore their bracelet on in the first half of a party scene they shot two days before.

In one version of Jane Eyre I was watching the candle she's holding kept getting taller/shorter between cuts. It drove me crazy.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

In Harry Potter 7.1, I noticed that Mr. Lovegood finished his drawing of the Deathly Hallows in the wrong direction. Usually I'm okay with that sort of , continuity glitch, but when I noticed it when I first watched it, it seems like someone else making the movie should have too.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Candles and such bother me, water glasses not so much, as people often drink and refill glasses at a dinner.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

In Independence Day, it's supposed to be in July... yet the USA Today Connie is reading in the first scene at the White House, the colors of the weather page make it look like winter.