Funny/Surprising things kids in your life have said

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Funny/Surprising things kids in your life have said

Post by Digit »

Children, nieces, nephews, family friends, that sort of thing.

I was surprised when the other night, my 5-year-old daughter, while reading her storybook to herself, looked up and said "Is 't-h' a digraph, mom?" I assume she learned that in her kindergarten class, but it seemed like an pretty technical term for the kindergarten teacher to have brought up. But she sounded just like an adult when she said it. It was funny.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Re: Funny/Surprising things kids in your life have said

Post by Dragon Lady »

Two from my nephew (Some from Dragon Baby to come later): Tabasketball Sauce (Tabasco sauce). And when I told him I had a baby in my tummy, he gave me a horrified look and asked, "Did you eat it?!"
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

From my five year old nephew, when asked to help clean up a mess he had made: "no thanks. I'm not into cleaning." (He later helped.)

From my two year old niece, after daddy had come and re-tucked her in: "thanks mommy." "Daddy." "Woah, I tired!"

A conversation between my six year old and five year old nephew, while playing 20 questions: "I'm thinking of an animal." "Does it live in a volcano?" "Yes." "Shark." "Right."
Deus ab veritas
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

hahaha

I think they are learning technical language in kindergarten these days! My nephew was telling me his "sight" words regarding reading.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Ok, going through my journal where I've written some down.

- Dragon Baby was listening to the Potty Time song, so it's stuck in my head. She turned it off, but since it's stuck, I just started singing it. "No! Don't sing! It's all done!" "I can't even sing it since it's stuck in my head?" "No. Its battery died."
- Instead of peekaboo, Dragon Baby is walking around singing, "Pickle Boom" to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
- Hah! Dragon Baby is upstairs entertaining herself and I just heard her say, "No whining! [pause] I didn't! I didn't!"
- Dragon Baby wants me to come help with a puzzle so she's been hollering at me "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" And I keep telling her just a minute, because I'm writing on a facebook wall to answer a question for a friend. Suddenly she says, "Holy night! I want to do this!"