#66407 -- Temple

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Defy V

#66407 -- Temple

Post by Defy V »

If it is true that they are phasing the blond couple out (see http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/66407/), does anyone know why? It's so bizarre to me.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: #66407 -- Temple

Post by Fredjikrang »

Don't know. But I always liked the other one better anyway. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

The brunette girl grew up in my stake. I never knew her, but if you ever go to the temple with someone from my stake, they'll whisper it to you proudly. We don't get a lot of fame where I come from. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Fredjikrang wrote:Don't know. But I always liked the other one better anyway. ;D
I have trouble understanding this. The past few months as soon as the music has started I've been disappointed because I so much prefer the one they're phasing out.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

If we stop going to the temple, we won't have to deal with the disappointment (o:
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

C is for wrote:
Fredjikrang wrote:Don't know. But I always liked the other one better anyway. ;D
I have trouble understanding this. The past few months as soon as the music has started I've been disappointed because I so much prefer the one they're phasing out.
For me, I like the older version because I prefer the old Satan (much more subtle), plus the blonde Eve has really weird lips. It's all I could think about every time I saw her. Regardless, I have a hard time enjoying either version because as a film major I want to pick it all apart. That line came out of nowhere, who wrote this thing? Why's that costume so shiny? Who designed that garish set? Oh my goodness, why are they breaking the fourth wall? My dream is that they'll make a new version and let me work on the script.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I like the blonde Eve/90's Satan version better. The music is better, the acting is better and less dramatic, and it doesn't seem like it was filmed on a sound stage.

That being said, I will ask the temple president on Thursday if the rumors are true.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Genuine Article wrote:
C is for wrote:
For me, I like the older version because I prefer the old Satan (much more subtle) . . .
Growing up, I spent several hours in a building dedicated to (and probably built by) Michael Ballam, and the walls were lined with portraits of him in various poses displaying his greatness and glory. For that reason, I prefer the other Satan.

Also, I think that my mom said both versions came about late 80's/early 90's, both replacing the older version. Is that right? It seems like the brunette version is older, but maybe I've just seen grainy versions of it.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Sorry... the counselor in the presidency that I'm scared of was on duty tonight. My curiosity did not give me backbone.
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread here, but I've been on quite the hiatus and haven't checked in for weeks.

Not sure if I should say this, but the blonde Eve and accompanying Adam are in my home ward. I don't think that too many people can claim they were home teaching companions with Adam, but I'm one of 'em. Not sure if I ever got to go on a temple trip with them, though...
<insert smarmy quote here>
Digit

Post by Digit »

The biggest claim to fame in the ward I go to is an Army surgeon who once provided treatment to Saddam Hussein.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Defy V wrote:If it is true that they are phasing the blond couple out (see http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/66407/), does anyone know why? It's so bizarre to me.
Okay, so I asked the temple president tonight why this happened. He said they got a directive from Salt Lake about three months ago to stop showing blonde Eve. I asked him why, he said he didn't know, and that was the honest answer -- Salt Lake didn't tell them, and they didn't ask. I admitted my preference for the blonde Eve movie, and he concurred that he preferred it. Then he proceeded to tell me about how the ordinance is the exact same and all sorts of stuff that didn't really comfort me.

I want blonde Eve back! The music and acting and special effects were SO much better than the other film.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I just like the one with the blonde Eve because that was the one they showed my first time. I didn't even see the other one until about 3 or 4 years later, and I was like, "What happened to the movie?" So I will be sad if the blonde Eve completely disappears.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

NerdGirl wrote:I just like the one with the blonde Eve because that was the one they showed my first time. I didn't even see the other one until about 3 or 4 years later, and I was like, "What happened to the movie?" So I will be sad if the blonde Eve completely disappears.
I had the opposite experience. So did The Heartless Siren. Except it was only a few months. We were at a ward temple night and when the movie started, the same, but different, we both gasped and started whispering at each other, not realizing there were two movies, which caused a girl in our ware to very sternly give us the evil eye and shush us.
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

Aww, sad! I've never even seen the blonde one. I was hoping it was only being phased out at certain temples, but it doesn't sound like my odds of ever seeing it (through non-sketch means, anyway) are very good. Bummer.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:. . . which caused a girl in our ware to very sternly give us the evil eye and shush us.
:roll:
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'm actually not sure how I made it that long without knowing there was a second movie. When I saw it and I said something to the friend I had gone with afterwards, she was pretty surprised that I hadn't seen them both.