Typewriters?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
mic0

Typewriters?

Post by mic0 »

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone here have experience restoring typewriters? Or, similarly, restoring older machinery? I'm trying to restore a typewriter (still in the research phase...) and I just wish I had someone nearby I could consult with. :) Especially if that someone knew how to fix a broken carriage, or had any talent with machines...
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Re: Typewriters?

Post by Unit of Energy »

I do not have any experience restoring anything, although I have fixed a few vcrs in my day. I've also fixed vhs taps, a couple stereos, and a fan or two. Other things too, but I can't think of them right now.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I'm pretty good with machines in general, but I've never worked with a typewriter specifically.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Hmm, well right now I'm starting to work on the general cleaning/polishing, but would you want to come take a look in a couple weeks? :D Could be fun! (And the offer stands to anyone who feels like they know anything that could be relevant. And is in Utah County. :))
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Sure, sounds good. Just let me know. :-)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oh, I have the name of an old typewriter repairman in the utah area. He took apart mine, only to find out I was missing a gear :-(. PM me somewheres for his info; I think I still have it.

Also, BE CAREFUL not to break the rubber belt thing if you take it apart.
Portia

Post by Portia »