Secondary water

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Dragon Lady

Secondary water

Post by Dragon Lady »

I believe that my yard gets secondary water. I want to use a zone in my sprinkler system for my garden. Will secondary water hurt my garden? Or should I just hook it up with a timer to the spigot on my house and get culinary water?
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Re: Secondary water

Post by Laser Jock »

From what I can find it's common to use irrigation water for gardens, but you may want to check with the city/county water department if you're concerned; I imagine they can give you a recommendation, plus they presumably can answer questions about the water quality (salinity, any chance of pollutants, etc.).
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

We use secondary water in our sprinkler system. In fact, I think that is the entire purpose of it. I'm no expert on vegetable gardens, but I've never heard of my neighbors using culinary for that, since it would be more expensive.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I asked around in my neighborhood and it seems like everyone uses it for their gardens. So we should be good. And I'm pleased with this answer. a) so much cheaper b) so much easier to just tap into my sprinkler system!