Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Imogen »

Have you not seen your brother in like, four years? Did he leave before you got back, or did you overlap a bit?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

I am currently in a Central European- style pub, 100% sober, with deer heads looming above me and the love of my life in Florida. My family went to Brave without me. I have certainly not told this guy how I feel. And I've been crying about the whole Rory Gilmore Poor Private School Daughter of a Too-Young Upper Crust Mother thing all weekend. (You're at it again, Craig! Hahaha.) Someone needs to describe this as a noir scene à la Raymond Chandler and make me smile.
Digit

Post by Digit »

'Pub' + 'Florida' reminds me of butter beer at Universal Studios Orlando.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Digit wrote:'Pub' + 'Florida' reminds me of butter beer at Universal Studios Orlando.
mmmmmmmmmm....butter beer.....
beautiful, dirty, rich
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

The two new kids in my Primary class are leaving because it turns out their family actually belongs to another ward (an easy mistake to make when you move to a tiny town in rural South Dakota at least half an hour from the nearest ward in any direction). Even though I keep complaining about my class's size... I am really going to miss those kids. They were awesome.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

yayfulness wrote:The two new kids in my Primary class are leaving because it turns out their family actually belongs to another ward (an easy mistake to make when you move to a tiny town in rural South Dakota at least half an hour from the nearest ward in any direction). Even though I keep complaining about my class's size... I am really going to miss those kids. They were awesome.
You live in rural South Dakota? (Or somewhere near there?)
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I live on the edge of a city of about 20,000 (which is the fourth largest in the state, actually), but I am surrounded by... ruralness.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

yayfulness wrote:I live on the edge of a city of about 20,000 (which is the fourth largest in the state, actually) . . .
Ah, so you're a city slicker. ;)
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Ish. My family actually lives on a three-acre lot that my dad bought about 30 years ago and turned into a forest. It's pretty awesome.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Hey Fred, did you know on Facebook a few days ago you liked my comment on a friend's silver status? :)
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Nope! That's news to me!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Sparklebreeze

Post by Sparklebreeze »

Power outages in 104 degree weather are the worst! I definitely take air conditioning and traffic lights for granted more than I ever realized. Feel sorry for me and my whiny self! I do have power/internet at work, but because of security, I can't check my personal email or facebook or anything like that. Longest weekend of my life. And not in a good way.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum, with no power at work so they told us not to come in and power at home.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Ugh. Not particularly enjoying living at home after being out on my own for so long. Especially tonight when I have 8am class in the morning and my 26 year old sister won't turn down the TV volume even slightly so I can sleep with the door open, which I need if I want to keep the room a reasonable temperature.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Portia

Post by Portia »

Indefinite Integral wrote:Ugh. Not particularly enjoying living at home after being out on my own for so long. Especially tonight when I have 8am class in the morning and my 26 year old sister won't turn down the TV volume even slightly so I can sleep with the door open, which I need if I want to keep the room a reasonable temperature.
It marks one year back for me, and I love it. I'll probably be like Robert Browning and not move out til I'm 37 or married, whichever comes first. Of course, it's a household of two. And I had lived with a boyfriend for a little over a year previously (/sinner), which is very different from roommates or family altogether.

You'll be with mission companions soon enough! No TV, and I assume the MTC has climate control. And you'll be up bright and early! Haha. I have 8 AM work more days than not. But no 26-year-old sisters in sight. We don't even have cable: we're so freaking retro we have a converter for the rabbit ears.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

This year's Canada Day festivities were particularly well-attended. I'm still high on the buzz of helping to throw a successful social event. Yay people!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

UffishThought wrote:This year's Canada Day festivities were particularly well-attended. I'm still high on the buzz of helping to throw a successful social event. Yay people!
I was going to celebrate Canada Day this year by getting a donut at Tim Horton's. I'm bummed that I forgot.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Oh hello, people camping out for the parade. Good to see you all again. I'm just going to pretend that you can't see straight into my living room and hope that no one comes knocking to use the bathroom or an outlet or whatever.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Uffish, I think I'll come knocking on your door just to spite you. ;)

But seriously, my friends are thinking of camping out and I really don't feel like leaving the house for the rest of the day.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had forgotten there was still a major holiday left to spend without family.