Hello there...

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Hello there...

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

1) Math songs? Sounds like fun! Although I was more in to the geometric designs than I was the abstract art. I also am now really good at creating 3D images of anything. Letters are the most fun.
2) Taichung
3) I mostly tried to stay awake in class. I only napped twice. Both in my 10th grade History class. While I was sitting in the front row, no less.
4) ...I didn't get a goodbye note. ] =
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

So writing for the Board has drawn to my attention that my cell phone cannot compute cube roots. Which comes up more often than you would think. Haha.
Giovanni Schwartz

What kind of phone do you have? I'm assuming that there's no exponential function (i.e. x^(1/3)), right?
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

An LG Remarq, because it came free with the plan. It just does the basic add/subtract, multiply/divide. Obviously I can just use Excel or WolframAlpha or walk all the way upstairs to get a calculator, I just find it annoying.
Giovanni Schwartz

A Hello Kitty Stress Test. Oh, StumbleUpon... The things you do to me.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

BayesianConspiracy wrote:
Defy V wrote:That's how I stayed awake in all my classes during my entire school career.
I read that and thought, "People try to stay awake in class?"
Well, once I had made it that far, I couldn't give up, could I? That was my primary motivation, not the actual learning.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

My coworker is watching the Opening Ceremonies right now. Even though I have plans to watch it tonight I keep going in to see why he's laughing. Or what the music means.

Plus the commentary's all in Spanish so it's not distracting. (Always a worry with understated British humor being explained by American commentators.)