Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

You know what? You gave it away too early. You're an "I love you" slut.
Robin, to Ted, How I Met Your Mother
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

This freaks me out. That you can come here legally, do everything right, and end up in jail without basic civil rights for a year because you accidentally checked the wrong box on a motorcycle application.

On a related note, I worry too much.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm so beyond thrilled now. After some minor tribulation (more a problem for the girl trying to sell her contract, the leasing office, and all the other girls that applied for the apartment) I got ... man, my parentheses gave away the surprise.

I got an apartment!!

But that's not the most thrilling part. The most thrilling part is that I can literally (LITERALLY YOU GUYS) see my new house from "my" window at work. Even though I have to go an extra half block to get to a crosswalk to cross the street it's still like a 5-min walk.

Oh, I'm also thrilled that it's cheap, and month-to-month (for flexibility purposes).

I'm just telling everyone. It's exciting.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Frustrating calculus is frustrating. Unfocused yayfulness is unfocused.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Cheese is cheesy.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Digit

Post by Digit »

yayfulness wrote:Frustrating calculus is frustrating. Unfocused yayfulness is unfocused.
Khan Academy has about a bajillion high quality video tutorials of Salman Khan speaking in understandable, familiar terms explaining many topics from math, science, economics, and the humanities. He's a real renaissance man.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

yayfulness, I think you cursed me. Now I'm doing frustrating calculus. Why does the quotient rule have to result in such huge equations?

And why does my mind insist on confusing z and 3?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Fredjikrang wrote:And why does my mind insist on confusing z and 3?
Are you or have you studied Russian?
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Nope!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm having a slightly different problem - my mind is focused, but the body is weak. I have the motivation and desire to get all this work done, but have to stop every hour or so to ice my wrists.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Digit wrote:
Fredjikrang wrote:And why does my mind insist on confusing z and 3?
Are you or have you studied Russian?
They're similar in (English) cursive, too.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm having a slightly different problem - my mind is focused, but the body is weak. I have the motivation and desire to get all this work done, but have to stop every hour or so to ice my wrists.
What's wrong with your wrists?
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Trying out Khan Academy. A lot of my issues are just with single problems, though, where I'm obviously doing something wrong (since the web site where I submit my answers says so) but for the life of me I can't figure out what.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

...and now definite integrals (sort of) make sense. Thank goodness.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I am grateful for my roommates, after the crazy year I had dealing with roommates that didn't respect my opinion. But is it too much to ask that I get to use my tv, my xbox, and my cable/internet when I get home from work? I don't say anything, but I pay all the bills for it, and she hasn't paid her share for two months.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Katya wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm having a slightly different problem - my mind is focused, but the body is weak. I have the motivation and desire to get all this work done, but have to stop every hour or so to ice my wrists.
What's wrong with your wrists?
Repetitive stress injuries - or they're trying for that, anyway. I recently had to take a six-week break from knotting to try to let them heal, but in between not icing them as the doctor said I should and continuing to use the computer all day long without wrist braces or breaks I've not made much progress. At least now I'm remembering to ice them frequently.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I should be packing. Instead, I'm refreshing my email multiple times, hoping for something new.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

bob, I'm totally going to be a wife-snob here and say you should see a physical therapist-- they'll know the quickest and most efficient way to have your wrists heal properly. I naturally have weak wrists (my husband says my carpal bones are a little longer and looser than average) and so I have these exercises my husband showed me in order to strengthen them up and it's been a huge help. They don't bother me nearly as much as they used to and I can actually do a handstand now without my wrists killing me.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Sky Bones wrote:bob, I'm totally going to be a wife-snob here and say you should see a physical therapist-- they'll know the quickest and most efficient way to have your wrists heal properly. I naturally have weak wrists (my husband says my carpal bones are a little longer and looser than average) and so I have these exercises my husband showed me in order to strengthen them up and it's been a huge help. They don't bother me nearly as much as they used to and I can actually do a handstand now without my wrists killing me.
I'm going to chime in as a second witness; please go see someone (or at least keep up with what your doctor already told you to do). I've had to wear wrist braces to type for almost 10 years, but so long as I wear them and keep up with my stretches and exercises, I don't have much wrist pain (and I can still knit and type and play the piano, etc.).
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

yayfulness wrote:...and now definite integrals (sort of) make sense. Thank goodness.
Yay!