Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Zedability

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Zedability »

While researching a Board question in the Smith Fieldhouse (which I have absolutely no reason to go to otherwise):
"[Zedability]! Heyyy! What are you doing here????"
"Oh hi! I'm...um...just...you know...school..."

hahaha
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Zedability wrote:While researching a Board question in the Smith Fieldhouse (which I have absolutely no reason to go to otherwise):

hahaha
:lol:
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

C is for wrote:I am having a very bad day.
You doing okay?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Zedability wrote:While researching a Board question in the Smith Fieldhouse (which I have absolutely no reason to go to otherwise):

hahaha
Next time, pull the "Just trawling for hot guys" line.

And I'll be okay. New car broke a window, boyfriend dumped me, housing fell through (I was planning to move this weekend). You know, just the usual.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Man... that sucks. Especially happening all at once.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

C is for wrote:And I'll be okay. New car broke a window, boyfriend dumped me, housing fell through (I was planning to move this weekend). You know, just the usual.
:(
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Zedability wrote:I love watching The Daily Show on campus and getting scandalized looks from some of the Republicans.
This is why I used to watch it all the time at home.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I always feel sick when there's difficulty with an order. Much more so when it was a rush order (no time to fix things) for over $300. Especially when she flat-out doesn't want it ("they don't match the decor") and reselling will be difficult because it was 200 bracelets all the same color. And let's not forget that I literally can't refund her the money because we're going through some rough times where pretty much all money that comes in goes right back out again, so it's all already been spent (and not even spent on paying the contractor who made the 200 bracelets like it should have been).
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Are you making profit on your bracelets, or is it subsistence braceleting?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

There's some guy (probably 19 or so?) in one of my classes who I think I somehow got mad at me. All I did was not tutor him in Chinese (because I SO don't have time for that), found him a new tutor!, and mentioned I'm married. After the telling him I'm not going to tutor him, and mentioning Mr. Mico for a story, he has been so cold to me! Weird. 19 year old guys are weird. I always knew this, but forgot since Mr. Mico is older and most guys at BYU who were in my classes were older and less silly. Anyway, my nice-ness has gotten the best of me again and I, of course, am annoyed that someone doesn't like me.

/rant.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Are you making profit on your bracelets, or is it subsistence braceleting?
First of all I will admit that I actually looked up that word. It's one of those that I should know but never knew how to pronounce and so glossed over while reading. I know it now! Yay!

As for the bracelets - the idea is that I'm making a profit. I'm only paying a dollar per bracelet and even for the wholesale ones I charge something like $1.62, so there should be some money left over. However, as hinted at above, I currently don't keep much money for very long, and don't even pay it to the right people (i.e. I am getting further in debt to those who do work for me). It is for a good cause, because I threw myself into a new product line that could be very profitable (quick, easy on my still-hurting wrists, less common in general and I'm planning to make mine unique, etc), but I still feel a little guilty spending so much on new materials.

I am making profit on tutorials and finished duct tape products, but we aren't selling many of those right now. We are selling duct tape rolls, however, and that's pure profit for me.

/shuts up about business
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

mic0 wrote:There's some guy (probably 19 or so?) in one of my classes who I think I somehow got mad at me. All I did was not tutor him in Chinese (because I SO don't have time for that), found him a new tutor!, and mentioned I'm married. After the telling him I'm not going to tutor him, and mentioning Mr. Mico for a story, he has been so cold to me! Weird. 19 year old guys are weird. I always knew this, but forgot since Mr. Mico is older and most guys at BYU who were in my classes were older and less silly. Anyway, my nice-ness has gotten the best of me again and I, of course, am annoyed that someone doesn't like me.

/rant.
pshh. so immature. but yeah, awkward.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Are you making profit on your bracelets, or is it subsistence braceleting?
First of all I will admit that I actually looked up that word. It's one of those that I should know but never knew how to pronounce and so glossed over while reading. I know it now! Yay!

As for the bracelets - the idea is that I'm making a profit. I'm only paying a dollar per bracelet and even for the wholesale ones I charge something like $1.62, so there should be some money left over. However, as hinted at above, I currently don't keep much money for very long, and don't even pay it to the right people (i.e. I am getting further in debt to those who do work for me). It is for a good cause, because I threw myself into a new product line that could be very profitable (quick, easy on my still-hurting wrists, less common in general and I'm planning to make mine unique, etc), but I still feel a little guilty spending so much on new materials.

I am making profit on tutorials and finished duct tape products, but we aren't selling many of those right now. We are selling duct tape rolls, however, and that's pure profit for me.

/shuts up about business
So... Is there a way to do etsy advertising?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Yes, but from what I've heard it isn't really worth it (though I may still try it in the future). I've had good results from Facebook advertising, though, and we've had really good luck being featured in several places on the internet.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

This morning my daughter was in the kitchen and crouched down, pointed at the floor, and yelled, "What's that!? What's that!?!" Thus ensued two and a half hours of vacuuming up pantry moth larvae from every corner of my kitchen, shuffling appliances around, wiping baseboards, and sorting food. I'm currently taking a break from bleaching the heck out of the place and throwing away lots and lots of baking supplies, breakfast cereal, oats, pasta packages, and so on. Curses.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

That sounds exciting. (And yes, I've had this problem before, but never in the US.)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Digit

Post by Digit »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Yes, but from what I've heard it isn't really worth it (though I may still try it in the future). I've had good results from Facebook advertising, though, and we've had really good luck being featured in several places on the internet.
I always get these letters from Google with a little piece of cardboard inside that says "$100 free adsense advertising" but I've never advertised with adsense. I have an adsense account for the other side, writing content (which I actually haven't done in a while) on a site called Hub Pages and having other people's ads come up, and I get a few cents if someone clicks on the ad from my page content. Last year, I actually crossed $100 and got a check. Right now, mine's at $65.58, with a whole 20 cents made last month (like I said, I haven't put effort into this in quite a few years).
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

krebscout wrote:This morning my daughter was in the kitchen and crouched down, pointed at the floor, and yelled, "What's that!? What's that!?!" Thus ensued two and a half hours of vacuuming up pantry moth larvae from every corner of my kitchen, shuffling appliances around, wiping baseboards, and sorting food. I'm currently taking a break from bleaching the heck out of the place and throwing away lots and lots of baking supplies, breakfast cereal, oats, pasta packages, and so on. Curses.
Oh glob this is totally my nightmare scenario. We had some flies that kept appearing and I had to throw away some tomatoes I thought were ripening (ugh so gross). And then I felt like an awful housekeeper. Well, best of luck to you.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Heh, yes, I AM an awful housekeeper, but I don't take the blame for this. We live in a super old building and there's basically no seal between the windows and doors and the outside. I can see my welcome mat outside my (closed) front door from where I'm sitting right now. So, y'know...we can't really keep the bugs out.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, it really sounds like sometimes there's no avoiding such pests (I was reading how they can also infest from food you buy... I'm so grossed out!).