Strange and Mad
Stark Analytical Mood
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Portia wrote:Whenever I see S.A.M. I think of Nanti-SARRMM and I get PTSD. :P
Oh good I'm not the only one
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Just handed in an assignment 8 hours before the deadline. This is a record, and may very well remain my record for quite some time to come.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Be nice, you guys. I know Nanti-SARRMM in the outside world, and he's a really good guy. Sure he's a little weird, but there isn't a duplicitous bone in that man's body.
Portia

Post by Portia »

You're a nicer person than I am, Craig, and that's a fact. I've been thinking about that with the "Mormonness" thread, that although people probably think of us as sworn enemies or something, as we're always disagreeing and giving each other a hard time, that I really respect you and I like your New-Era-looks-ueber-Mormon persona. Having spent plenty of time around people who are vulgar, crass, cursing me out, borderline alcoholics, tattooed, and cynical, trust, the world needs more "nice" people like you (although I think you can be sarcastic and it goes over my head, haha).

In my defense, YOU weren't asked out along with all your roommates by the person in question. I have to draw the line somewhere!
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Hah, me neither! No duplicitous bones here, but I can induce some mind splitting headaches when necessary.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Craig Jessop wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Be nice, you guys. I know Nanti-SARRMM in the outside world, and he's a really good guy. Sure he's a little weird, but there isn't a duplicitous bone in that man's body.

Forgive me, but I know (knew, actually) that guy in the outside world, and that only made things worse. Much, much worse. Not only did he do something incredibly ridiculous here on the bb that he then lied about to try to cover up, but after I had defended him in his lies, his awkwardness drove him to confess to me while I was at work. Panic attacks in the back room for the win. I'm just thankful I worked the same place my dad did, and was able to take a break and go vent to him so I would calm enough to finish my shift.

Not to mention that he is sadly too awkward for words. "So, that guy you're dating. Is he the one your parents wanted you to marry?" I received this question from him MULTIPLE TIMES, both online (the guy he was referring to was my f-book friend) and in person (in front of my friend who happened to be the guy's sister), even after more than one person told him how awkward that question was. Also how did he know about that other guy and how my parents (jokingly) thought of him, anyway?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Just don't foe me! That's a terrible fate for anyone. Sorry Katya, for doing that to you, even for investigative purposes. I promise if I do something incredibly ridiculous I will totally own it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm just thankful I was dating another writer during all this insanity. Unlike a lot of BYU girls who see niceness as the reigning virtue, I see honesty as more important, and as far as that went, it was a "heck, no!" When my mom was in high school, a guy she had no interest in said, "sooo, um, do you want to go to prom, maybe?" She said, "suuuuuuure, uh-huh, riiiight," very sarcastic. The guy, ever-hopeful, totes thought they were a go. (My mom thought prom was for losers and was above such juvenile nonsense; I spent my prom nights watching films crying inconsolably that no one loved me.) My grandma hissed "you HAVE to go" and my mom was like "no way!" She didn't go. This is my favorite story of my mom. I'm glad she met my current boyfriend (whom we'll dub Bassanio for simplicity's sake) and approved. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

S.A.M. wrote:Just don't foe me! That's a terrible fate for anyone. Sorry Katya, for doing that to you, even for investigative purposes.
It's OK. I mean, our relationship will take years to recover, obviously, but I'm confident that we're both willing to put in the work.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

PORTIA how can you not like combed back hair is this not the pinnacle of hotness: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JnfwCALOmPk/S ... ted+veil+4
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:PORTIA how can you not like combed back hair is this not the pinnacle of hotness: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JnfwCALOmPk/S ... ted+veil+4
Hahaha, Edward Norton is totally sexy and would be no matter what hairstyle he was wearing. In fact if I may flatter myself my current boyfriend looks not unlike this photo (including his unusually long chin).
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I went on a blind date today (fun, but we didn't click), and we and a couple other people fried a pineapple and an apple at my apartment afterwards. I've been cleaning up in total silence and solitude for a while now, since I'm waiting on laundry to get done before I can go to bed, and it's been one of the most strangely peaceful feelings I've had in a long time.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had a roommate that would like to set me up on dates. She always chose guys that I could talk to and they were really fun. But she was always disappointed that I didn't meet my soulmate. Somehow she had trouble understanding having a great time- and even being willing to go on a second date- without falling in love.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Hmm... well I just found out the girl I kinda like was just burned by her other man, who chose one of those other tramps in our ward. Time to move in?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Do it. Be the rebound man.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Craig Jessop wrote:Hmm... well I just found out the girl I kinda like was just burned by her other man, who chose one of those other tramps in our ward. Time to move in?
BYU generally frowns on living together before you are married.
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Last night Marx and I bought some Lord of the Rings Shelob Attacks Legos. We're thinking we might put the rest of the LrtR Legos on our wedding registry...
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

New rule: I am banned from reading Cracked after midnight. Actually, I am banned from doing pretty much anything on the internet after midnight.