69163 - good omens

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

pepper

69163 - good omens

Post by pepper »

Of all the many many questions I've asked over the years that's the one I get noticed for? Huh.

I am glad people get the reference, though....
C is for
um Administrator

Re: 69163 - good omens

Post by C is for »

Heh. One thing that bugs me is having no good way to search by question number anymore. (No way was I going to go through years of archives to find #3810, for example.)

Here's the one Pepper's a little dismayed to be remembered by. Which I can understand. Especially funny because you have a question right below that one.

Speaking of getting the reference, I recently was reading Good Omens, and I guess last time I read it I hadn't discovered the Board yet, because I see "Pippin Galadriel Moonchild" and I'm like -- it's not a completely random pseudonym after all!! I thought it was so random before. Nice to know it's a reference.
Architect

Post by Architect »

Just FYI, to get a certain question by it's number, just type "theboard.byu.edu/####". It'll take you right to it.

Also, I've noticed many other wonderful questions you've asked. I'm not sure why that one was the one referenced in the question.
pepper

Post by pepper »

It's one of those 'nyms where most people think it's just random but the ones who do get it are very amused, I think. Which is okay with me. It's one of my favorite books ever, so I'm always glad to find people who catch it.

(And I've been asking questions since the Board was an actual board, so, yeah.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

pepper wrote:(And I've been asking questions since the Board was an actual board, so, yeah.)
I know! You're old school. :)
pepper

Post by pepper »

Katya wrote:I know! You're old school. :)
Wow, speaking of! Hi, Katya! :D
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

pepper wrote:(And I've been asking questions since the Board was an actual board, so, yeah.)
I actually was going to comment on that! You've been asking questions since when COPPA still affected me and my Neopets account. And it was when I was about 14 that I actually googled your name because I was curious about it.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

pepper wrote:
Katya wrote:I know! You're old school. :)
Wow, speaking of! Hi, Katya! :D
Hi! Let's complain about kids these days and and yell at them to get off our lawns. ;)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Yog in Neverland wrote:You've been asking questions since when COPPA still affected me and my Neopets account.
This might be my favorite way of dating a memory, ever.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

haha... I totally lied about my birthday to get onto Neopets, since I was ALMOST 12 or whatever age that is.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Whistler wrote:haha... I totally lied about my birthday to get onto Neopets, since I was ALMOST 12 or whatever age that is.
I can't believe you would you trade your soul for Neopets.
pepper

Post by pepper »

Katya wrote:Hi! Let's complain about kids these days and and yell at them to get off our lawns. ;)
My favorite pastime! All those whippersnappers and their fancy neopets. In my day we were fine with just plain old PETS.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

pepper wrote:
Katya wrote:Hi! Let's complain about kids these days and and yell at them to get off our lawns. ;)
My favorite pastime! All those whippersnappers and their fancy neopets. In my day we were fine with just plain old PETS.
:lol: And we were lucky to have them!!