Date question

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Date question

Post by Imogen »

So, I met a super cute and awesome guy at a bar Saturday night. We exchanged numbers. He called me yesterday, we made plans to see each other on Tuesday, and he said he'd call me today to decide what we want to do. No phone call so far, and my phone is screwing up texts. Should I call him, or just wait and call him tomorrow?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Re: Date question

Post by Yog in Neverland »

Call him and say you got a jumbled-up text from him!* Say your phone is having problems! Then, even if he didn't text you, he knows a) your phone is having issues and b) you're still up for tomorrow.

*If you're bad at white-lies don't go this route.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Yeah! What Yog said! As a guy, I'd say that if a girl called ME to confirm a date, I'd 1) take it as a compliment, and 2) think there might actually be potential there for us.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm always thrilled to get a call rather than a text, especially from a super awesome dude. Give him a call. It's late now in TX, of course.
wired

Post by wired »

Warning warning. I've found that Mormon dating experiences and culture differ significantly from typical college-graduate dating experiences and culture. Take all of our advice with a grain of salt.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Well, I called him during my lunch break, and it's his home phone number that I have! He doesn't have a cell!! So I left a message with the woman I suspect is his mother, and we'll see if he calls back.
beautiful, dirty, rich
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Good thing you didn't use the "I got a text from you" line (o:
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

chillygator wrote:Good thing you didn't use the "I got a text from you" line (o:
Super good!!! Though, who talks to anyone's parents anymore?! Remember when that was common?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oh man I remember that being super embarrassing as a teenager. The things kids are missing these days!
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

no call back yet. boys are dumb and smelly.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Imogen wrote:no call back yet. boys are dumb and smelly.
Booooo. He should call you. Unless he is, in fact, dumb and smelly, in which case he's just sparing you the grief of having to discover his stupidity and noisomeness firsthand.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Emiliana wrote:
Imogen wrote:no call back yet. boys are dumb and smelly.
Booooo. He should call you. Unless he is, in fact, dumb and smelly, in which case he's just sparing you the grief of having to discover his stupidity and noisomeness firsthand.

perhaps you're right. if he calls, fine. if not, i'll live.
beautiful, dirty, rich
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Old enough to be in a bar, but lives with his (possible) mom, and doesn't have a cell? He may be super cute, but the awesome factor seems to be diminishing rapidly.
Portia

Post by Portia »

S.A.M. wrote:Old enough to be in a bar, but lives with his (possible) mom, and doesn't have a cell? He may be super cute, but the awesome factor seems to be diminishing rapidly.
I totally judge men who live at home more harshly than women of the same age who do. Sexist and old-fashioned of me, but the social situations involved always seem different.

I want this theory of Mormon vs non-Mormon dating expounded upon. Are we more... intense?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

So... update! He did end up calling, we went out Friday night and had a great time, and I'm supposed to see him today or tomorrow. Yay!
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Hooray!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Did he own up on the cell phone thing?