2nd date

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Giovanni Schwartz

2nd date

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

How soon do you ask a girl on a second date?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: 2nd date

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Well, if you ask Marduk it's immediately after you get home from dropping her off from the first date.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

As soon as you come up with an activity you'd like her to accompany you on. I've had that happen while still on the first date, I think...
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:How soon do you ask a girl on a second date?
3 days, if you're interested. Apparently.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Well, if you ask Marduk it's immediately after you get home from dropping her off from the first date.
Warning: full of crap suggestion, and not relevant to any of my actual actions.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Marduk wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Well, if you ask Marduk it's immediately after you get home from dropping her off from the first date.
Warning: full of crap suggestion, and not relevant to any of my actual actions.
: )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I've always heard you should make a general plan at the end of the first date (ex: "hey, i had a nice time. we should go get ice cream this weekend and watch a movie"). that way you can gauge interest. then call a few days later to solidify plans.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

No longer than a week. Exceptions include things like being in different states or having a master's thesis due, but you should make it very clear within that same one-week window that you'd like to go out again soon.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

But now I think she's not interested so I chickened out and didn't ask her when I saw her this evening arrrgh what do I do?
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:But now I think she's not interested so I chickened out and didn't ask her when I saw her this evening arrrgh what do I do?
If she's not interested, it's not like asking for another date is going to mess that up any further. But if she IS Interested, or at least open to the idea of going on another date, then asking is a good thing.
Talons

Post by Talons »

Zedability wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:But now I think she's not interested so I chickened out and didn't ask her when I saw her this evening arrrgh what do I do?
If she's not interested, it's not like asking for another date is going to mess that up any further. But if she IS Interested, or at least open to the idea of going on another date, then asking is a good thing.
Exactly. I had an awkward experience getting shut down for a second date by a girl in my ward. I was sad, things got a little weird between us, and we stopped hanging out, but it wasn't like I had to move out of my ward or anything. A few months later I asked out my future wife. Now I'm grateful other girl rejected me.