Raspberry Pi

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Raspberry Pi

Post by Emiliana »

So I'm thinking about getting Marx a Raspberry Pi for Christmas, but I don't know whether to get a model A or model B. Can someone explain to me the difference in non-techy terms?
TheAnswerIs42

Re: Raspberry Pi

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

My husband came in when I clicked on your link, and knew exactly what that was. He says that the upgrades between the two are big enough that you should get the B. (I think he was happy to have a reason to look through all the specs. Interesting toy!) His main reason behind saying that was the extra RAM (memory). You can hook on a USB hub if you want more of those, but you can't change the RAM, so that difference is worth the extra $10, in his mind.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Thanks, 42 (and 42's hubby)!
Talons

Post by Talons »

I wish I had a good excuse to get one of those. They seem so cool, but I'm not even sure what I'd do with one.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Talons wrote:I wish I had a good excuse to get one of those. They seem so cool, but I'm not even sure what I'd do with one.
My sister's philosophy about gifts is to get something that the person will love, but that they'd never actually buy for themselves -- like the bright pink-and-white snowflake PJ pants she got me that I'm wearing right now. Marx wouldn't buy this for himself because he knows perfectly well he doesn't NEED one, but he'll love having another gadget to tweak around with.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Emiliana wrote:
Talons wrote:I wish I had a good excuse to get one of those. They seem so cool, but I'm not even sure what I'd do with one.
My sister's philosophy about gifts is to get something that the person will love, but that they'd never actually buy for themselves -- like the bright pink-and-white snowflake PJ pants she got me that I'm wearing right now. Marx wouldn't buy this for himself because he knows perfectly well he doesn't NEED one, but he'll love having another gadget to tweak around with.
At first I read this and thought, "why would Marx want pink-and-white snowflake pajama pants?"
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Dead Cat wrote:
Emiliana wrote:
At first I read this and thought, "why would Marx want pink-and-white snowflake pajama pants?"
Bahahaha. The funny thing is, he might actually like them.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Raspberry Pi model B = success! He loves it. :)
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Hooray!