gimgimno's Class Schedule URL Secrets 70831

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Squirrel
Board Writer

gimgimno's Class Schedule URL Secrets 70831

Post by Squirrel »

This is great!- except I couldn't figure it out. I typed in exactly "CLS01 20134 GERM" and nothing showed up. Does anyone know how do it correctly?
Chrysanthemum

Re: gimgimno's Class Schedule URL Secrets 70831

Post by Chrysanthemum »

I don't know how to use it, but when I saw the title of the thread, I totally thought it was about Gimgimno's schedule. Like, you were trying to find him in his classes. I was so freaked out for a minute. Or two.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Just type in CLS01. You'll see the Year/Term and Teaching Area fields once you get to that screen.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Chrysanthemum wrote:I don't know how to use it, but when I saw the title of the thread, I totally thought it was about Gimgimno's schedule. Like, you were trying to find him in his classes. I was so freaked out for a minute. Or two.
Hah! :-) that's too funny!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Gimgimno wrote:Just type in CLS01. You'll see the Year/Term and Teaching Area fields once you get to that screen.
Thanks!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I'm all for stalking Gimgimno. He's hot.
Deus ab veritas
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Marduk wrote:I'm all for stalking Gimgimno. He's hot.
And available. Let me know if you need help with his dating application.

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/57814/
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

That took me like 3 minutes to figure out.

I love the internet.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

You used the internet?

I solved it with paper and pencil because I'm old school like that. I didn't even use a calculator. :D

That is, if you're talking about the dating application and not the schedule quickURL.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I unlocked the document, but gave up as soon as I saw that it was a math problem. I had no idea where to even begin with something like that. Oh well. I bet he will marry an astrophysicist, and they will live mathically ever after. :-D
Giovanni Schwartz

I could have solved it using a pencil and paper (that's one of the things that I taught myself to do really well in high school, was base conversion), but I chose not to do so, and to see how fast I could do it. #lazy
Indefinite Integral

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I could have solved it using a pencil and paper (that's one of the things that I taught myself to do really well in high school, was base conversion), but I chose not to do so, and to see how fast I could do it. #lazy
And miss out on all the fun?
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I've considered on numerous occasions to add a few layers of difficulty so it couldn't be solved by any of the base calculators on the internet, but have generally decided against it. I get a text about once a month and then always forget to respond, so hopefully people will just stop texting me and leave me the heck alone.

I've decided not to make it a few times harder because it's gratifying to know that people who may not be predisposed to solve weird math things like that find a way to do so every few weeks. If I never got a text, I'd have the gratification of knowing that I made a problem hard enough that no one solved it, but that pales in comparison to making people solve a problem that isn't easily solvable on paper. (Though II did solve it on paper, and I give her props for that.)
Chrysanthemum

Post by Chrysanthemum »

Aww Gimmy is that why you never texted me back? Here I thought you disliked me. Good to know you dislike everyone.
Giovanni Schwartz

I figure I would just get the number so I can feed it to all the spam machines on the internet. /sarcasm

Remember when you used to (or maybe still do?) hate me, Gimpy?
Indefinite Integral

Gimgimno wrote:(Though II did solve it on paper, and I give her props for that.)
:D