Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I HATE CAPTCHA with a burning fiery passion.

I like how tinypic.com does it, where there are lots of words on it, but there is a specific set that says "Please enter ________". I think everyone should adopt it.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

If I am a bad person in this life, I have faith that I will be consigned to a parking lot in the next life. I hate parking with a fiery passion, especially when people are watching.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Defy V wrote:If I am a bad person in this life, I have faith that I will be consigned to a parking lot in the next life. I hate parking with a fiery passion, especially when people are watching.
That would be horrible. And there is always an angry driver behind you who also wants to park and tailgates you. And out of nowhere children run from behind the cars. And you eternally can't tell if you'll fit in the spot but you have to try. PARKING IS THE WORST.
Giovanni Schwartz

AND IT'S ALL PARALLEL PARKING.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Parallel parking is not that bad. Only when you first have to shovel your car out from like a foot of snow, and then haul your lawn chair/garbage bag/etc to hold your spot on the street while you're gone. Then it's a pain.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I once had a car where the entire right side was smashed in. Made parking super easy, since I only cared about one side of the car being an appropriate distance.

One time I was visiting my friend in a hospital, and some jerk had parked over the line and there was one of those cement poles on the other side of the stall (because it was a parkade). I just scraped my right side against the pole and ran inside, since I was late. It was great.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Zedability wrote:I once had a car where the entire right side was smashed in. Made parking super easy, since I only cared about one side of the car being an appropriate distance.

One time I was visiting my friend in a hospital, and some jerk had parked over the line and there was one of those cement poles on the other side of the stall (because it was a parkade). I just scraped my right side against the pole and ran inside, since I was late. It was great.
That reminded me of this.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

That's totally fake Digit. You can tell because when the driver gets out, it is clearly a woman.
Deus ab veritas
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Craig, I just saw a Facebook album with you and my little sister's boyfriend. It was a weird juxtaposition.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure I knew like 25% of your mission.

Also, those tacos look really good.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Defy V wrote: Also, those tacos look really good.
Those tacos are literally the best tacos I have ever had. I've tried and tried to find somewhere that could do as good or better, but alas. No.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig Jessop wrote:
Defy V wrote: Also, those tacos look really good.
Those tacos are literally the best tacos I have ever had. I've tried and tried to find somewhere that could do as good or better, but alas. No.
Without looking at the picture and with little hope of this being good advice, I really really love my street taco stand up here.

I just recommend it to everyone.
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

Which taco stand?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

tacos don rafa on state at 800 s. there's a number of them on that corner and they're all probably just fine, but my coworkers and I just go to that one.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I just signed my first contract. I feel like I signed my life away.
Giovanni Schwartz

Tally M. wrote:I just signed my first contract. I feel like I signed my life away.
Or someone else's, depending on the type of contract.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Housing contract.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I just want the printer repair guy to get here and repair our printer. That I probably broke somehow. Two hours ago. (That's a long time for an office to be sans copier.)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I didn't want to start a whole thread for this, so I'm posting here. I thought Anne, Certainly did a good job of answering this question today: http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/71127/
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Squirrel, there is a thread just for answers you liked here. And, anyway, I agree, that was a good answer. :)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Oh, thanks, Mic0!