BYU campus pool - #71087

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

BYU campus pool - #71087

Post by Katya »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/71087/

If the reader is trying to calculate how long it will take to get from the pool to the dorms, he or she might want to know that there are a couple hundred steps between the RB and West Campus Drive, which isn't immediately apparent from the map.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Re: BYU campus pool - #71087

Post by Laser Jock »

It's probably good for freshmen to encounter those stairs as early as possible. Survival of the fittest and all that. (Even better if they have to dash up them between classes to get from the Smith Fieldhouse to, say, the law building.)
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

The first semester of my freshman year, I walked up those stairs for the first time when I was walking to campus with M. He's in waaaaay better shape than me, and I remember being super embarrassed and trying to not breathe like the LOUDEST THING EVER.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Laser Jock wrote:It's probably good for freshmen to encounter those stairs as early as possible. Survival of the fittest and all that. (Even better if they have to dash up them between classes to get from the Smith Fieldhouse to, say, the law building.)
Because BYU has so many freshman weightlifting law students? ;)
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Katya wrote:
Laser Jock wrote:It's probably good for freshmen to encounter those stairs as early as possible. Survival of the fittest and all that. (Even better if they have to dash up them between classes to get from the Smith Fieldhouse to, say, the law building.)
:)

I actually had a freshman Book of Mormon class in the law building, which I thought was rather strange. (No class right before it in the Smith Fieldhouse or RB, though.)
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I had church in the law building freshman year, and my dad, who is a BYU law school alum, refused to go to church with me in that building when they visited. He jokingly said that the temple is Jesus' home on earth and that law school is Satan's, so the fact that you had Book of Mormon in there amuses me.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Laser Jock wrote:
Katya wrote:
:)

I actually had a freshman Book of Mormon class in the law building, which I thought was rather strange. (No class right before it in the Smith Fieldhouse or RB, though.)
I had a class in the Grant Building as a freshmen, which is how I knew that was the actual name of the Testing Center.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I had a Swahili class in the Smith Fieldhouse. It took me about forty-five minutes to find the classroom, which turned out to be a little upstairs room on the west side of the fieldhouse with a window overlooking the back volleyball court. You had to walk down the track to get there. There were some chairs set up in the middle of the room, with weight-lifting equipment around the perimeter. It was kind of weird.

We were only there for about a week, though, before my teacher got us switched to a more normal classroom in the JSB.