Thank you gifts for moving help

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Thank you gifts for moving help

Post by Katya »

Yesterday my dad, his home teacher, and his home teacher's teenage son helped me move all of my furniture and heavy boxes into my new apartment. It took about four hours and I live on the 3rd floor, so they had to go up and down stairs a million times. I'd like to do something for them to say thanks, but I can't think of what. Food is out because the home teacher's wife has a PhD in food science, and I'm too intimidated to cook anything for her or give them other food. (She's a very nice person and I'm sure wouldn't judge me for bringing something unhealthy or that wasn't amazing, but I'm still intimidated.) Any ideas?
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Thank you gifts for moving help

Post by C is for »

Maybe a knitted good?

Or a gift card to somewhere.

Man, I'm bad at this sort of thing.
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

Gift cards with a note are always nice.

Since it's a family, you could also do some sort of family night gift bag type of thing - with a movie and microwave popcorn, or a card game and popcorn and candy. Or something like that.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

There's always the thank you note. A gift card is nice too, especially if you know them well enough to have an idea of something they'd like. Or maybe tickets to some kind of BYU event if they're into sports, or plays, or whatever BYU has going on.
If you were to change your mind about food, maybe you could get them something small and tasty from a favorite place of yours? And there are a lot of interesting food places around campus that people living a ways away don't always get to or know about.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Heh, they may actually enjoy getting something completely unhealthy but oh so tasty, and having a great reason to eat it. Or, invite them to a board party! Let them meet some board celebs!
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Food scientists don't tend to be any better at cooking than regular people. And food science is like the opposite of nutrition.

But yeah, I think a gift card is probably best - maybe for a movie theater or something.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Once I babysat for my visiting teachee and she gave me a coldstone giftcard as thanks, which was pretty sweet (I also ended up re-gifting it, but it's the thought that counts?).