Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Marduk »

I always check back on the responses.

And thatonemom, I'm sure it is an age thing. These young 'uns are on facebook all the time. Also, I pretty much only friend people who we have mutual friends in common, and so I see them posting on other things and commenting, so it is pretty obvious they've been on facebook. :D
Deus ab veritas
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

haha I think it shows that I am on Facebook too much :-)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Okay- who here has met The Mighty Quinn in real life?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Me! (Why?)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

So- titanium abs or no? It kinda seems that it was a huge running joke. But I can't really tell because it didn't have a sarcasm hashtag......l
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I never actually saw. My friend was always trying to think up good ways for me to verify it. "Hey, it's really cold out here! Can I have your shirt?" But I never actually tried any of her schemes, so I guess I'll never know.

It's totally possible, though. The memory I have is of him being fairly in-shape.

The joke was less "ha! that scrawny guy! let's pretend he has abs!" and more "man, Quinn sure thinks well of himself, doesn't he?"
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Hey kids! Last time I was on here, the Random Chatter was only 3...
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

UffishThought wrote:I never actually saw. My friend was always trying to think up good ways for me to verify it. "Hey, it's really cold out here! Can I have your shirt?" But I never actually tried any of her schemes, so I guess I'll never know.

It's totally possible, though. The memory I have is of him being fairly in-shape.

The joke was less "ha! that scrawny guy! let's pretend he has abs!" and more "man, Quinn sure thinks well of himself, doesn't he?"
haha! Niiice :-D
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Random wrote:Hey kids! Last time I was on here, the Random Chatter was only 3...
Hi Random! Glad you're back!! I have a confession.... we no longer have a Sisterhood of Near Sit-On-Able Hair. I got it cut about six inches. *yikes* ... but it's a good thing, and I like it, but I'm just sorry I deserted you... :-(
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

ooh! Duct tape!!!! I looove duct tape! There has to be a personal story here. Do tell! Please! Pretty please!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Two things, squirrel:

1. Random will be getting her hair cut by a couple of feet in the near future.

2. Random made everything duct tape pictured here: http://www.quietmischief.com

(Sorry if I spoiled your stories, sis.)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

You're the worst sister. :P
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

1. locks of love? Wow- she's so brave to cut it all at once- good for you!! That's wonderful :-D
2. wow- rings? They're so tiiinnnnyyy! I've tried making ones double the size and they were pretty tricky. Very cool!
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

1. Yes, that's the plan.
2. Yeah, the rings were kinda tricky at first. Luckily I'd been doing all sorts of crafts since I was really little, and I was especially adept at origami, so my fingers have had plenty of practice doing little fiddly things. I also do... pretty much anything I set my mind to, when it comes to duct tape. I've done wallets, bags, prom outfits, ties, notebook covers, belts...
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Random wrote:1. Yes, that's the plan.
2. Yeah, the rings were kinda tricky at first. Luckily I'd been doing all sorts of crafts since I was really little, and I was especially adept at origami, so my fingers have had plenty of practice doing little fiddly things. I also do... pretty much anything I set my mind to, when it comes to duct tape. I've done wallets, bags, prom outfits, ties, notebook covers, belts...
*paw print of approval*
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

So- fellow migrainers and headacheans, what do you crave when your head starts exploding?

I'm a sauteed fresh brussels sprout halves, and any form of chocolate I can get my hands on -kinda person. This looks really weird in typed form. Anyone else crave strange things, come migraine/headache time?
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Squirrel wrote:So- fellow migrainers and headacheans, what do you crave when your head starts exploding?

I'm a sauteed fresh brussels sprout halves, and any form of chocolate I can get my hands on -kinda person. This looks really weird in typed form. Anyone else crave strange things, come migraine/headache time?
My migraines are nearly always PMS related, so something like cookies or brownies generally makes me happy. Oh, and lukewarm water -- cold water sometimes makes me feel nauseous. Mostly I just crave a nap, though.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I just recently got my first migraine, and it seemed directly related to me having binged on something sugary. My friend who was with me recommended some protein to balance out my sugar levels, so I had some turkey and nuts and felt better after a few minutes. Probably doesn't help people who get migraines for other reasons, though.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

That happens to me a lot. I can only eat so many Skittles/starburst before I start to get a headache (M&Ms don't cause the same problem...) I usually balance it out by eating "healthy food", but I think I'll try the protein check.

I usually crave medication :P I use excedrin, and if I can't eat something to get the excedrin down, I have an emergency supply of orange mountain dew to get caffiene for relief.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

If I listen, my body is fairly good at indicating what excess/lack has led to my most recent sickness. Last time I had a bad headache the only thing I could think about was eggs, and after eating one the pain subsided. So it looks like protein really does work. : )

Also, ditto to napping if possible.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.