Job Interview

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Tally M.

Job Interview

Post by Tally M. »

So, I have a job interview on Thursday (related to Katya's department! I'm excited!) and it's a job I'd really like to get. It's primarily research based, and it would really be a beneficial job for my future.

HOWEVER. I've not really had any applicable "work" experience that shows my research skills, or anything of similar ilk. (I really just wanted to use the word ilk. I hope I used it right.) I do have those skills, but nothing that really comes across on my resume. (I did mention my linguistics blog that I write on in my cover letter...)

So, I guess my question is, how can I emphasize the skills that would be applicable to the job--and show the interviewer that I'd be an asset for werf--despite not having "certified" evidence of such skills?
Portia

Re: Job Interview

Post by Portia »

Point to your volunteer or blogging experience, and especially, think how you might have used those skills in other positions or classes. Hopefully Katya weighs in, too!
Tally M.

Re: Job Interview

Post by Tally M. »

If only I'd been a Board writer...then I'd have something that could prove it.

Just kidding. I *so* have not had any time at all, even if I was qualified to be a Board writer.