Struggling with Breaks in Routine

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Struggling with Breaks in Routine

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I never really realized it until recently but I am really focused on routines. I don't have too many specifics, but if I miss out on those specifics I'm out of whack for anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks.

For example, on Fridays I work in a different place than the rest of the week. When I'm in my usual place I get up early, work hard, eat proper meals, and am generally happier and more focused. Today I got up super late, I've eaten the equivalent of about one meal so far, and I've gotten about two hours of work done. I'll be back to more-or-less normal on Monday, but I also still haven't settled into a proper routine since classes ended (and I didn't even take classes!)

Anyone have any suggestions of how I can adjust more quickly?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Re: Struggling with Breaks in Routine

Post by Whistler »

the other day my routine (finally! I have a routine again!) got interrupted. It helped me to remember the parts of my routine and try to do them anyway, even though it was out of order. Writing it down might help, or maybe it would just make you feel bad if you don't stick to it?
Last edited by Whistler on Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Struggling with Breaks in Routine

Post by Katya »

Can you make parts of your routine portable? Or add portable things to your routine to jog your memory? For example, if you always start out your day with a cup of herbal tea, you could bring the herbal tea to the new place you're working, so you brain would say "I've had my herbal tea, so now it's time to work!" even though you're not in the same place. Does that make sense?