Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Digit »

Random wrote:My aunt has something like that for her jewelry making! I'm sure it's awfully handy for her, but I don't know what I would use it for...
It's pretty indispensable when you need to hold two wires, solder, and a soldering iron all very precisely, unless you're Vishnu.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Indefinite Integral wrote:You guys - the AP Calculus test is TODAY. My students are in there taking the test right. now. I am so excited, but also so nervous.
I hope they remember everything you taught them! ;-)
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

Have any of you read Lexi Khan's book? I got it last week and finished it within three days.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

The Happy Medium wrote:Have any of you read Lexi Khan's book? I got it last week and finished it within three days.
How did you like it? No spoilers please!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

It's on my Kindle, but I try to mostly read Kindle books on the train, and I haven't been taking the train. I expect to really like it, though. It's just the kind of book I always read.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I'm going to a rennaissance fair! I'll be impersonating royalty and stuffs. :)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

I thought it was really fun. The main character has a strong voice so it was enjoyable and didn't feel like your run of the mill YA fantasy romance. I'm excited for the next book.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

My dad's in Utah for a business conference, and so I took the bus up to my grandma's house to stay the night and see him. I'll only be with him (not sleeping) for about 5 hours total, but it was totally worth it--especially when I thought I wouldn't see him until late August and after a fairly disappointing first birthday away from home.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

For those of you who aren't friends with me on Facebook, my Kickstarter is now live! Our video features Random making a wallet in high-speed, so you should check that out. : ) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117 ... stmas-book

(Yes, I am totally blowing my anonymity. What was left of it, anyway.)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Brother just got a broken collarbone playing rugby.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Fractured--no cast, just a sling.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Ouch, does he play on BYU's national championship team?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Nah, he just started this year on a club team in high school
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I just spent way too much time reading the Anti-Austen blog, and now I feel like my dating life is even more pathetic than ever. I've been on one date in the last 4 1/2 months.

*sigh*

I just want to meet a nice, faithful LDS guy who also happens to be intelligent (preferably a college grad, or close to being one), interested in me, and aware that channeling JarJar Binks is not the way to my heart. Is that too much to ask?
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Portia

Post by Portia »

Finally made a Pinterest. Can't imagine using it as a social network, but it's useful as a wishlist for decorating my new room when I move.
Portia

Post by Portia »

A question was asked a while ago about missionaries teaching gay couples. Sister Zedability mentions doing exactly that on her missionary blog.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I need to write her... I did at once, and then finals happened. I feel bad...I should've written her more =P Well. Time to start again.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I'm having a hard time selling the contract for my apartment. I've met all kinds of interesting people, though, so I guess that's something.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I hang out with two of my guy coworkers a lot (they were roommates), and I've had a minor crush on one of them, but have started getting to be better friends with the other. The second guy and I went to the temple this morning, and on the way home he asked me if I liked the other one. I, of course, told him no. Which is mostly true. Commence slight awkwardness the remainder of the way home.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Today I got SO. PISSED. at one of my students that I actually had to leave the room. I think my dog needs to give people lessons on how not to be a jerk. (Of course, I'm also on my period so that might have had something to do with it...)