Laptop Speakers

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Tally M.

Laptop Speakers

Post by Tally M. »

My laptop doesn't have great speakers, so I'm looking into getting some laptop speakers. I want something relatively portable, but not desktop speakers. I've taken a look and found a couple, but since I've never bought speakers, I'm not exactly sure what to look for.

So, I guess my question is: what kind of specs should I look for in laptop speakers? and what's the minimum price I should look at?

Anything's better than the two plastic cups with the bottom cut out sitting on my laptop's built-in speakers!
S.A.M.

Re: Laptop Speakers

Post by S.A.M. »

Are headphones an option?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm looking for something that aren't headphones...Something for watching movies with friends, etc.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

it's easy to get something that's better than your laptop speakers, since most are pretty crappy! But if you want really good rumble-your-heart bass you will have to get a subwoofer (that seems overkill though). I got these cheap ones for my desktop and they are pretty good for being $15 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025V ... =thlubi-20.