Wedding registry

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Violet

Re: Wedding registry

Post by Violet »

As one who has recently bought a variety of items off registry lists, just make sure you have a variety of price points. For example, knife block sets are great, but we can't all spend $150. I would say register for nice linens (upgrade your sheets, towels, etc.).

After that, take the chance to get some nice random kitchen things. Would you never buy yourself nylon whisks in different sizes? Pyrex liquid measuring cups in 8, 4, 2, and 1? A block grater? Also, home organization things—I love buying people closet organizers and containers. It just makes me happy.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Digit wrote:I hope you don't waste your money on non-rechargeables.
Certainly not.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Violet wrote:As one who has recently bought a variety of items off registry lists, just make sure you have a variety of price points. For example, knife block sets are great, but we can't all spend $150. I would say register for nice linens (upgrade your sheets, towels, etc.).

After that, take the chance to get some nice random kitchen things. Would you never buy yourself nylon whisks in different sizes? Pyrex liquid measuring cups in 8, 4, 2, and 1? A block grater? Also, home organization things—I love buying people closet organizers and containers. It just makes me happy.
Yeah, my best friend got married recently and about the only thing I could afford off her registry was a popcorn bowl. It wasn't a nice feeling.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Emiliana wrote: Yeah, my best friend got married recently and about the only thing I could afford off her registry was a popcorn bowl. It wasn't a nice feeling.
I had some friends get married once back in my BYU days and the only thing I could afford from their registry was bag clips. So I bought those. My roommate, who was more well-off than I was, was also invited, and she bought them something more expensive. They sent her a thank-you note and they did not send me one.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

NerdGirl wrote:They sent her a thank-you note and they did not send me one.
Taaaaaaacky!

Speaking of tackiness and thank-you notes: My sister took notes about who gave us what the shower today, and then went and got people's addresses to make it easier on me when we send out thank-you notes. One woman noticed that she had written "$20" by her name, gave her a dirty look, and said, "Didn't you mean to just write 'money' there instead of the amount?"

But on the whole the shower was absolutely lovely, and I'm blown away with the generosity of my parents' church. The only problem is that I don't know where to put everything!